CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
Wednesday, February 6, 2019 –1:00 P.M.
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Rob Scott at 1:10PM.
Members present: Bruce Beste, Nick Roth, and Rob Scott.
Members absent: Mark Anderson & Darrell Scott.
Also present: Jason Chopp of S.E.H. and Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman.
Opening Comment: Chairman Scott offered condolences on behalf of the Board to the family of Tom Rukavina and expressed appreciation for all that he did for the Crane Lake community and the CLWSD.
Minutes: A motion was made by N. Roth, supported by B. Beste, to approve the minutes of the 1/2/18 Board of Managers’ Meeting. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Correspondence: The correspondence list was reviewed by the Board. A motion was made by N. Roth, supported by R. Scott, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report: Clerk/Treasurer J. Pohlman reviewed the Treasurer’s Report. The December 2018 Financial Statements, which were Previous Year Comparisons, were presented to the Board. The 4th Quarter QuickBooks entries were reviewed with Jennifer of Glorvigen. January 2019 payroll: Admin – $1,551.00, Operating – $1,957.10, Payroll Taxes – $1,653.94. $4,000.00 was transferred from Operating Fund Checking to Debt Service Savings (July&Aug2018). $2,000.00 was transferred from Operating Fund Checking to Capital Reserve Savings (July&Aug2018). $50,000 was transferred from Operating Reserve Fund Checking back to Capital Reserve Savings. $54,400.00 was transferred from Service Connection Fund Checking to Debt Service Savings. A motion as made by R. Scott, supported by N. Roth, to approve the Treasurer’s Report as presented and the payment of bills as follows: Admin: Costin Group – $1,513.20; LMCIT – $1,297.00; and Dept. of Employment – $294.69. Legacy 2 Fund: S.E.H. – $210.11. Operating: Lake Country Power – $1,050.67, $214.93, $311.72, $75.89, & $241.00; Citi-Lites – $32.00; Gopher State One-Call – $51.35; LMCIT – $4,051.00; Pace Analytical – $329.00; Rutchasky Enterprises – $100.00; Robert J. Scott – $730.28; Udovich Electric – $469.92; and Terry’s Operational Services – $1,781.02. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Funding Balances: The funding balances were reviewed. $171,836.62 in Legacy 2 Grant Funds remains.
- Cowden Easement request: A motion was made by B. Beste, supported by R. Scott, to approve the development of an easement for the Cowdens to cross District land near the treatment plant for a road and electrical service to property they are purchasing. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
- ISTS Rate Schedule: No discussion.
- Management Plan II & III: A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by N. Roth, to modify Ordinance 1 stating that the Board has the option to install centralized or decentralized systems on properties meeting Ordinance 1 requirements. All voted in favor and the motion carried. Information received from Mia Thibodeau of Fryberger, Buchanan will be reviewed by the Board to be addressed at the March meeting. Rob will contact Mia to see when another meeting will be needed.
- District Computer: A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by N. Roth, to spend up to $2,000 on a new computer and operating system for the District. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Joint Powers Board
- VNP Comprehensive Plan: The next meeting will be on February 27th. All construction related to the Comprehensive Plan is on hold until spring. The planning phase for the Ash River sewer project is nearing completion.
- Kicker Blvd. Annex: The District plans to address next spring.
- State and Federal Grant Funding: Grant applications are in the works and awaiting final legislative action.
CLWSD Meeting Minutes – February 6, 2019
- District Update: Jason Chopp provided the final documents from George Bougalis & Sons for signature. The Board reviewed the GIS Sewer Maps provided by S.E.H. Deena Congdon will be asked to provide coordinates of all ISTS’s to be included with the maps.
- Going forward, the Board will let Jason know on the Monday prior to a meeting, whether or not he will need to be available for meeting participation via telephone. It was agreed that he would not need to attend meetings on a regular basis.
O & M. Decentralized
- Management Program Update: Deena provided a report with reminders of what needs to be done in the spring. A meeting will be set with the USFS in March to discuss their requirements for ISTS installations on leased land. The following will be asked to attend: Deena Congdon, Rob Scott, Nick Roth, Jim Orton, Ron Rutchasky, Mark St. Lawrence from St. Louis County and USFS Representatives.
O & M Centralized
- Operations Report: Terry Jackson provided a report to the Board stating that the end of month results are not in yet for January, although it appears all standards were met. Some solids became finely divided and dissolved, requiring the addition of a polymer and chemical feed adjustment. Four zones continue to be in operation on the sand filters. Terry recommends that the laterals be jetted once the weather warms up. Lance is pumping daily from the recirculation tank to prevent process solid recycle.
- Plant Manpower and Operators: There was no report
- Winterization – Status and Temperatures: Temperatures are logged daily at the plant and are in the low 40’s. The temperatures will be monitored and action will be taken should they near the 36-38 degree mark.
- N. Roth is working on a permanent list of all customers needing tarps on grinders to prevent freezing. The District recently purchased tarps and will purchase more when needed. N. Roth will talk to Ron Rutchasky about ISTS’s ‘popping up’ during the spring thaw.
PUBLIC COMMENTS (5 Minute Limit): There were none.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:10PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: BOARD OF MANAGERS’ MEETING – MARCH 6, 2019 – 1:00PM, FELLOWSHIP HALL
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.