CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
March 6, 2013 – 7:30 P.M.
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Rob Scott at 7:35P.M.
Members present: Managers Bruce Beste, Bill Congdon, Darrell Scott & Rob Scott
Members absent: Mark Anderson
Also present: Sewer Operator Terry Jackson and Anne, and Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman.
Minutes: A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by D. Scott, to approve the minutes of the Board of Managers’ Regular Meeting of February 6, 2013. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Correspondence: The correspondence list was reviewed by the Board. A motion was made by B. Beste, supported by B. Congdon, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer/Accountant Report: Clerk/Treasurer J. Pohlman reviewed the Treasurer’s Report. February 2013 payroll expenses were as follows: Administrative – $648.29 and Operations – $1,818.13. $2,000 was transferred from the Operating Fund to Capital Reserve Savings. $1,869.28 was transferred from Capital Reserve Savings to the new WIF System Replacement Fund, as required by the MPCA. A copy of all employee time sheets will be kept on file by Traci Bak as a checks and balances procedure. The January 2013 Financial Statements were presented to the Board. A motion was made by B. Beste, supported by B. Congdon, to approve the Treasurer’s report as presented and the payment of bills as follows: Administrative: Costin Group – $1,040.60 and Glorvigen, Theis – $236.25. Operations: Lake Country Power – $1,405.87, $101.53, $69.87, $94.76 & $175.00; Grand Rapids Public Utilities – $581.45; Hawkins – $865.64; Pace Analytical – $326.50; and Terry’s Operational Services – $1,223.45. All voted in favor and the motion carried. The Board did not approve payment of Quality Flow Invoice #25128 for $630.00. Terry Jackson communicated with Quality Flow regarding the outstanding invoice and he believes the Invoice will be forgiven.
Fund Transfers: A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by B. Congdon, to transfer $2,000.00 from the Operating Fund to Capital Reserve Savings. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
• DNR Payment: The contract is in place for the District to begin receiving payments on a quarterly basis by April 1, 2013. The DNR was billed on March 1, 2013 for January through March of this year. The District has received word from the DNR that they will only be paying from mid-January, when the agreement papers were completely signed, through March.
• Budget Forecast: R. Scott met with Carl Brown to discuss the possibility of an updated financial review to include current information; i.e., the Handberg Road Expansion and the Waters Edge RV Park purchase by the DNR. A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by D. Scott, to request a cost estimate from Carl Brown to outline a scope of service and time line to provide a financial review. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
• Ordinance Review: B. Beste and B. Congdon continue to work on the Ordinance 3 update.
• Sewer System Management: There was no discussion.
• St. Louis County Ongoing Items:
Handberg Road ISTS Systems: R. Scott met with Terry Soderberg of St. Louis County on Tuesday and provided the County with a list of property owners within the Handberg Road Expansion area. The County provided information on the age of ISTS’s within that area.
• RLK Arbitration: The District hopes to have a determination in April.
• JPB Update – The February JPB meeting was cancelled and will be rescheduled for March or April. Rob participated in testimony to the State Environment, Economic Development and Agriculture Division related to two legislative requests for funding for the Handberg Road Expansion and restroom facilities at the DNR landing. Similar testimony will be given at the House committee in 3-4 weeks. The funding requests are part of the State bonding bill and Legacy Water Recreation account.
• Randy Jenniges was unable to join the meeting via telephone, there was no update.
• Randy received communicate from Voyageur Lakes Development about possible changes at that property.
Treatment Plant and Operations Report
• Terry Jackson reported that the TSS results improved during February. Terry continues to make subtle changes to the process to determine what is causing the TSS problem. Terry continues to communicate with the MPCA about the issue.
• Routine maintenance will be performed on the emergency power system by Ziegler Cat.
• Terry will see that the Collection Drawings are returned to the plant.
• A physical inspection of sewer connections will be done in the spring.
PUBLIC COMMENTS (5 Minute Limit): There were none.
The meeting was adjourned at 8.40PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: APRIL 3, 2013, 7:30PM, CRANE LAKE FELLOWSHIP HALL
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.