CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
May 1, 2013 – 7:30 P.M.
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Rob Scott at 7:30P.M.
Members present: Managers Mark Anderson, Bruce Beste, Bill Congdon, Darrell Scott & Rob Scott
Members absent: None
Also present: Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman, a reporter from the Cook News-Herald and one member of the community.
Minutes: A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by B. Beste, to approve the minutes of the Board of Managers’ Regular Meeting of April 3, 2013. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Correspondence: The correspondence list was reviewed by the Board. A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by D. Scott, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer/Accountant Report: Clerk/Treasurer J. Pohlman reviewed the Treasurer’s Report. March 2013 payroll expenses including payroll taxes were as follows: Administrative – $906.56 and Operations – $4,892.33. $2,000 was transferred from the Operating Fund to Capital Reserve Savings. The March 2013 Financial Statements were presented to the Board. The 1st Quarter Quick Books entries were reviewed by Jennifer of Glorvigen. A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by B. Congdon, to approve the Treasurer’s report as presented and the payment of bills as follows: Administrative: Carl Brown Consulting – $7,092.70. Operations: Lake Country Power – $961.88, $101.53, $62.27, $81.31 & $141.00; A-1 Services – $550.00; Pace Analytical – $436.00 and Terry’s Operational Services – $1,224.15. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
- Fund Transfers: A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by B. Beste, to transfer $2,000.00 from the Operating Fund to Capital Reserve Savings. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
- Budget Forecast: There were no adjustments made to the Budget Forecast, which will be used for discussions with USDA –RD, by Carl Brown for rate review, and by the JPB for funding purposes.
- Ordinance Review: B. Beste and B. Congdon continue to work on the Ordinance 3 update. B. Beste reported that Mia Thibodeau of Fryberger would have a draft ready for review by the June meeting.
- Carl Brown Proposal: Carl Brown prepared a status report for the Board to assist in review and discussions. Carl Brown’s Sewer Rate Analysis and Connection Fee Calculations will be referenced when funding becomes available for the Handberg Road Expansion.
- Sewer System Management: M. Anderson reported that Mia Thibodeau of Fryberger confirmed that the District can manage and maintain on-site systems of properties within the District. Ordinance 1 will need to be reviewed as it relates to maintenance and operation of on-site wastewater treatment systems.
- St. LouisCounty Ongoing Items:
Handberg Road ISTS Systems: The County has provided the information necessary for the Handberg Road Expansion.
Cost Overrun Support: The CountyCommissioners are considering.
Property Transfers in CLWSD: There was no new input.
- Diane Finch’s concerns regarding the DNR management of the property purchased from Water’s Edge were addressed by Christa Miller of the DNR. The District will confirm that the curb stop for that area is turned off.
- RLK Arbitration: The legal advisors are reviewing the list of arbitrators. The arbitration process may be completed in 90 days.
- JPB Update – The next meeting will be on May 29th.
CLWSD Meeting Minutes – May 1, 2013
- Randy Jenniges join the meeting via telephone at 8:30PM.
- CSAH 24 Easements: Randy will contact St. LouisCounty.
- Grinder Capacity Review: The grinder capacity matrix will be reviewed and updated information will be added. The Board discussed the new pump for the Driggs property and will confirm that it has been ordered.
- Dump Station: A possible dump station will be considered with the Handberg Road Expansion.
- Preliminary Engineering Report: A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by B. Beste, for S.E.H. to provide a Feasibility Study rather than a P.E.R. for the Handberg Road Expansion. All voted in favor and the motion carried. Randy will provide a draft time schedule in preparation of funding receipt for the Handberg Road Expansion. Randy will look into aerial views of the expansion area.
- VoyageurLakes Development: There was further discussion with Mr. Braaten, the Board and Randy. A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by R. Scott to approve an initial cost estimate for V.L.D. potential public service. All voted in favor and the motion carried. Randy requested that Mr. Braaten provide a letter to the Board requesting the type of service he would prefer, public or private.
- Randy plans to attend the June meeting.
Treatment Plant and Operations Report
- Terry Jackson’s report stated that the TSS issue at the plant seems to be resolved. Preliminary tests are good with all effluent standards being maintained on the last samples collected.
- One of the ABS recirculation pumps was returned to Electric Pump for warranty service.
- Propane Generator Rental: A proposal was received from Range Electric to provide a generator for our main lift station at the rate of $200/day – when the generator is in use and it will be stored at Handberg’s Marina. A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by R. Scott to accept Range Electric’s proposal. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
PUBLIC COMMENTS (5 Minute Limit): There were none.
The meeting was adjourned at 9.00PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: JUNE 5, 2013, 7:30PM, CRANE LAKE FELLOWSHIP HALL
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.