CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
April 4, 2012 – 7:30 P.M.
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL
The meeting was called to order by Vice-Chairman Bill Congdon at 7:30P.M.
Members present: Managers Mark Anderson, Bruce Beste, Bill Congdon and Darrell Scott.
Members absent: Rob Scott
Also present: USDA-RD Representatives Mike Monson and Dennis Tabbert, Ron Rutchasky of Rutchasky Enterprises, Sewer Operator Terry Jackson and Anne Jackson, Maintenance Worker Jim Pohlman, Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman, and a reporter from the Cook News-Herald.
Minutes: A motion was made by D. Scott, supported by B. Beste, to approve the minutes of the Board of Managers’ Regular Meeting of March 7, 2012. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Correspondence: The correspondence list was reviewed by the Board. A motion was made by B. Beste, supported by D. Scott, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer/Accountant Report: Clerk/Treasurer J. Pohlman reviewed the Treasurer’s Report. March 2012 payroll expenses, including quarterly taxes, were as follows: Administrative – $1,092.11 and Operations – $3,675.10. The February 2012 financial statements, presented to the Board, and current balances were reviewed. The Board heard from Ron Rutchasky on the delayed work process and possible damages during the heat tape installation along the box culvert of Gold Coast Road. A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by D. Scott, to approve the Treasurer’s report as presented and the payment of bills as follows: Administrative: Costin Group – $1,328.70; Fryberger, Buchanan – $13.04; and Lutefisk Tech. – $36.00. Operations: Lake Country Power – $1,485.11, $60.12, $3.75, $85.23 & $60.00; Hawkins – $539.72; MPCA – $505.00; Pace Analytical – $434.50; Terry’s Operational Services – $1,217.39; and Rutchasky Enterprises – $3,566.25. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Fund Transfers: No transfers from the Operating Fund to S.A.R Savings and C.R. Savings were approved at this time.
USDA-RD Debt Service and Forecast Revenues/Expenses: An updated spreadsheet showing current and projected revenues, expenses and EDU’s for the District was presented to the Board and USDA-RD Representatives Monson and Tabbert for discussion. Vice-Chairman B. Congdon advised those present that the District was working with the DNR to retain some campsites at the property that they plan to purchase from Water’s Edge. It is important for the District to maintain the current level of EDU’s and add to them to continue RD loan payments. A meeting is planned with the DNR to further discuss the effect of the land purchase on the District revenues. B. Congdon requested that a USDA-RD representative attend that meeting and that the USDA-RD consider extending the interest only payment for one or two more years. Mike Monson will look into both requests.
Rutchasky Enterprises Invoice: The Board approved the invoice for payment above. As a result of the discussion, Terry Jackson will write to the County advising them that it was discovered during the heat tape installation that the return mainline pipe on the south side of the culvert is only 5 feet below the surface, rather than the required 7 feet.
Culvert Invoices: The culvert invoices have been submitted to St. Louis County for reimbursement. Payment is anticipated within the next two weeks.
- There were no administrative issues.
- Mediation with RLK: A motion was made by D. Scott, supported by M. Anderson, to approve the attendance of Chairman Scott and Clerk/Treasurer Pohlman at the mediation on June 11th. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
- VLD Letter: There has been no response to the District’s letter to VLD’s attorney.
CLWSD Meeting Minutes – April 4, 2012
- VNP Comprehensive Plan: There was no update.
- IJC Watershed Task Force: There was no update.
- Randy Jenniges of S.E.H. emailed his report.
- Easements: There are a few outstanding easements which should be completed soon.
- Handberg Road Expansion: Randy is working on the Technical Assistance Grant Program with the Public Facilities Authority (PFA) as a funding source for engineering reports and environmental services for future expansion.
- DNR Landing & DNR RV Campground: There was no discussion.
- CSAH 24 Grinder Tanks: Property owners are finding that the tanks were backfilled with rock and clay rather than sand causing expense issues for the property owners attempting to hookup to the system. Randy will be contacted about the problem.
Collection System O & M
- Freezing Corrective Action Status: There was no report.
- I&I Corrective Action Status: More infiltration work will be done as funds permit.
Treatment Plant and Operations Report
- Terry Jackson reviewed his report.
- Total Suspended Solids: The problem with maintaining the Total Suspended Solids (TSS) standards at the plant seems to be resolved. Terry will monitor the process closely.
- Recirculation Pump: An electrician will be installing a new motor starter capacitor this week.
- Chemical Feed Pump: A chemical feed pump is being installed for polymer addition.
- Generator Program: The Board is considering a generator program offered by Lake Country Power as a cost saving option for the District.
PUBLIC COMMENTS (5 Minute Limit): There were none.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:20PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: MAY 2, 2012, 7:30PM, CRANE LAKE FELLOWSHIP HALL
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.