CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
July 11, 2012 – 7:30 P.M.
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Rob Scott at 7:30P.M.
Members present: Managers Mark Anderson, Bruce Beste, & Rob Scott
Members absent: Bill Congdon & Darrell Scott
Also present: Maintenance Worker Jim Pohlman, Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman, and a reporter from the Cook News-Herald.
Minutes: A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by B. Beste, to approve the minutes of the Board of Managers’ Regular Meeting of June 6, 2012. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Correspondence: The correspondence list was reviewed by the Board. A motion was made by B. Beste, supported by M. Anderson, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer/Accountant Report: Clerk/Treasurer J. Pohlman reviewed the Treasurer’s Report. June 2012 payroll expenses, including payroll taxes, were as follows: Administrative – $1,365.09 and Operations – $3,467.45. The May 2012 Tax Apportionment in the amount of $69,192.28 was received. The May 2012 financial statements, presented to the Board, and current balances were reviewed. A motion was made by B. Beste, supported by M. Anderson, to approve the Treasurer’s report as presented and the payment of bills as follows: Administrative: Costin Group – $2,095.60; Fryberger – $2,672.75; Lutefisk – $275.40; RVS – $246.00 and S.E.H. – $65.00. Operations: Lake Country Power – $667.06, $60.12, $57.14, $38.98 & $25.00; Citi-Lites – $25.00; Randy Clemmer – $100.00; Gopher State One Call – $1.45; Pace Analytical – $533.00; Range Electric – $225.00; Rutchasky Enterprise – $1,428.00; and Terry’s Operational Services – $1,509.00. All voted in favor and the motion carried. A Quality Flow invoice in the amount of $630.00 is being reviewed before payment.
Fund Transfers: A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by R. Scott, to transfer $2,000 to C.R. Savings from the Operating Fund. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
USDA-RD Debt Service and Forecast Revenues/Expenses: The District will continue discussion with USDA-RD.
Forecast Revenues: R. Scott and J. Pohlman will review the forecast as related information becomes available.
- Grinder Repair Letter: A letter will be sent to all customers with this month’s billing regarding damage to grinder pumps and the related expenses to the District.
- Mediation with RLK: The mediation date was changed from June 13th to July 24th at the Fryberger, Buchanan office at 9A.M.
- VLD Letter: Mia Thibodeau, of Fryberger, Buchanan provided a response to VLD’s letter. No response to that letter has been received to date.
- VNP Comprehensive Plan: See the May minutes for the May 9th Quarterly meeting.
- Randy Jenniges attended the meeting via telephone.
- Easements: Randy will follow up on the two remaining easements with help from Board members.
- Handberg Road Expansion: A letter was received from USDA-RD stating that the District is eligible to compete for funding this year. Gary Cerkvenik, Costin Group, and Mike Larson, IRRR, are working on the WIF Funding.
- DNR Landing & DNR RV Campground: The DNR will work with the District regarding revenue loss with the potential purchase of Water’s Edge RV Park. The DNR is committed to participation with the Handberg Road Extension at the public landing.
CLWSD Meeting Minutes – July 11, 2012
S.E.H. Update (Cont.)
- Grinder Tank Hook-Up: Jo Ann will email a list of current grinder tank sizes to Randy to provide modification hookup information for future requests.
- Grant Request for Engineering Services: Gary Cerkvenik and Mike Larson and looking for funding for JPB engineering services.
Collection System O & M
- Freezing Corrective Action Status: There was no report.
- I&I Corrective Action Status: More infiltration work will be done as funds permit.
Treatment Plant and Operations Report
- Jim Pohlman reviewed Terry Jackson’s report.
- All effluent limitations were met during the month of June.
- The City of Virginia is no longer able to accept our sludge due to renovations at their facility. A-1 will dispose of our sludge at Grand Rapids as soon as arrangements can be made.
- The District continues to have problems with recirculation pump #1. The vendor has been contacted to resolve the problem. The District has an extended warranty; however, mobilization expenses will need to be paid.
- The float switches are not working at the effluent wet well of the plant. A serviceman from Quality Flow will resolve the problem.
- The annual inspection of the plant by USDA-RD and MRWA is scheduled for 7/12/12.
- Jim presented three different options for generator maintenance.
- Jim mentioned that the District would need to contact Rainy Lake Oil for generator fuel.
PUBLIC COMMENTS (5 Minute Limit): There were none.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: AUGUST 1, 2012, 7:30PM, CRANE LAKE FELLOWSHIP HALL
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.