CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
September 5, 2012 – 7:30 P.M.
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Rob Scott at 7:30P.M.
Members present: Managers Mark Anderson, Bruce Beste, Bill Congdon, Darrell Scott & Rob Scott
Members absent: None
Also present: Sewer Maintenance Operator Terry Jackson and Anne, Maintenance Worker Jim Pohlman, Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman and a reporter from the Cook News-Herald.
Minutes: A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by M. Anderson, to approve the minutes of the Board of Managers’ Regular Meeting of August 1, 2012. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Correspondence: The correspondence list was reviewed by the Board. A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by M. Anderson, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer/Accountant Report: Clerk/Treasurer J. Pohlman reviewed the Treasurer’s Report. August 2012 payroll expenses were as follows: Administrative – $852.98 and Operations – $2,420.00. The July 2012 financial statements, presented to the Board, and current balances were reviewed. A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by B. Beste, to approve the Treasurer’s report as presented and the payment of bills as follows: Administrative: Costin Group – $1,000.00; Fryberger – $2,405.92; Glorvigen – $260.00; League of MN Cities – $1,550.00 and Lutefisk Tech. – $15.95. Operations: Lake Country Power – $488.98, $60.12, $24.05, $24.05 & $25.00; A-1 Services – $3,577.50; Anderson Outfitters – $605.00; Randy Clemmer – $250.00; Gopher State One Call – $2.90; Pace Analytical – $140.00; Rainy lake Oil – $365.82; Range Electric – $375.00; Debora Scott – $50.00; St. Louis County – $441.00 and Terry’s Operational Services – $1,509.00. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Quality Flow Invoice 25128: The invoice in the amount of $630.00 was reviewed for payment. The board agreed not to pay the bill at this time. A letter will be written to Quality Flow with a copy to Fryberger, Buchanan.
Fund Transfers: No fund transfers were made.
USDA-RD Debt Service and Forecast Revenues/Expenses: A meeting with Rural Development is scheduled for 9/11/12 in St. Paul. The current debt will be reviewed as well as debt options for the Handberg Road Extension and the possibility of combining the two. R. Scott and B. Congdon will attend; as well as representatives from Sen. Klobuchar, Sen. Franken, and Rep. Cravaack’s offices; Mike Larson of the IRRRB; Randy Jenniges of S.E.H.; and Gary Cerkvenik of the Costin Group.
Admin Levy: A motion was made by B. Beste, supported by B. Congdon, to certify to St. Louis County $80,000 for the 2013 levy; a decrease from 2012 of $8,710.00. All voted in favor and the motion carried. The Levy amount will be reviewed at the December meeting for possible increase or decrease.
- Culvert Letter: An email was received from Terry Soderberg of St. Louis County stating that he had spoken to both Comm. Nelson and Comm. Forsman of the CLWSD’s request for additional funds for the sewer extension project along CSAH-24. The Commissioners agreed that the CLWSD should wait for a pending possible contribution from St. Louis County. The Board agreed to wait.
- Insurance Acknowledgment & Liability Coverage Waiver: A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by R. Scott, to sign the acknowledgement instructing Wells Fargo Insurance to place insurance coverage with the League of Minnesota Insurance Trust and the CLWSD accepts coverage limits of $1,500,000 from the League of MN Cities Insurance Trust and the CLWSD does not waive the monetary limits on municipal tort liability established by MN Statutes 466.04. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
CLWSD Meeting Minutes – September 5, 2012
- Mediation with RLK: The mediation continuation scheduled for August 15th was cancelled. A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by M. Anderson, to remove the CLWSD’s settlement offer to RLK, if a response to our letter being sent by Fryberger, Buchanan is not received by 9/19/12. All voted in favor and the motion carried. A Motion was made by B. Beste, supported by B. Congdon, authorizing moving forward with arbitration with Rob Scott as the CLWSD representative, if a response is not received from RLK by 9/19/12. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
- VNP Comprehensive Plan: The VNP Clean Water Joint Powers Board met at the Cook Land Department office on July 18, 2012. The next planned meeting is September 12, 2012.
- CSAH 24 Easements: There are two easements for completion that are currently at the St. Louis County offices.
- Handberg Road Expansion-Holding Tanks: There was no update.
- Grinder Tank Hook-Up: The Driggs family has added RV sites to their property. An email was received from the Driggs family and a response was sent by R. Scott early this evening. The Board will consider at the October meeting.
Collection System O & M
- Freezing Corrective Action Status: There was no report.
- I&I Corrective Action Status: More infiltration work will be done as funds permit.
Treatment Plant and Operations Report
- Terry Jackson reported that all state standards were met during the month of August.
- The maintenance team will soon be switching the plant to winter operations.
- Collection Drawings Update: The as-built drawings are currently with Ron Rutchasky. Terry will see that they are returned.
- Survey: Inspection of the meters and tanks continues.
PUBLIC COMMENTS (5 Minute Limit): There were none.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:15PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: OCTOBER 3, 2012, 7:30PM, CRANE LAKE FELLOWSHIP HALL
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.