CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
Crane Lake Chapel Fellowship Hall
Wednesday, December 1, 2021 – 1:00 P.M.
Members present: Mark Anderson, Bonnie Caughey (via phone), Deena Congdon, Darrell Scott, and Rob Scott
Members absent: None
Also present: Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Rob Scott at 1:07PM.
Minutes: A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by D. Scott, to approve the minutes of the 11/3/21 Regular Meeting. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Correspondence: The correspondence list was reviewed by the Board. A motion was made by B. Caughey, supported by R. Scott, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report: Clerk/Treasurer J. Pohlman presented the October 2021 Financial Statements to the Board. November 2021 payroll: Admin – $1,910.00, Operating – $5,585.00. Payroll Taxes: PERA – $1,131.20, Federal Deposit – $1,714.48. A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by D. Scott, to approve the Treasurer’s Report as presented and the payment of bills as follows: Admin Fund – $2,200.00; Legacy III Fund – $6,288.62; and Operating Fund – $6,403.39. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Funding Balances: A Report of current grant funding balances was presented to the Board.
- Levy Revisit: The levy was set at $50,000 at the October meeting. The District may raise or lower the levied amount in December. The Board discussed and agreed to leave it at $50,000.00.
- Management Program Agreement: Work continues to adapt the current ISTS Agreement for customers outside District boundaries.
- B. Caughey continues to work on expenses and income related to the Management Program.
- B. Caughey asked to attend the online workshops being provided by rate specialist Carl Brown. A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by R. Scott, for the District to pay for workshop attendance by any Board members wishing to attend. All voted in favor and the motion carried. The Board is considering a full review of the District’s rate structure with Carl Brown in 2022.
Joint Powers Board
- VNP Comprehensive Plan: R. Scott did not attend the last meeting. Progress continues in all areas.
- Grant Funding: Gary Cerkvenik and Jeff Anderson of the Costin Group along with Mike Larson of S.E.H. are working on a DEED grant application for continuation of the CLWSD plant updates.
- District Update: Jason Chopp provided the following report: John Friel (SEH Project Manager) met with Rob Jr. in November to review the draft WWTP design. SEH is currently updating the drawings and will schedule a meeting with the district to go over the 90% design drawings, specifications, and cost estimate. The hope is to schedule that meeting in December if schedules allow. We will be reaching out in the near future with some potential meeting dates. Additionally, SEH is meeting with the Costin Group today to discuss DEED grant funding for the project.
O & M. (Decentralized)
- Management Program Update: A report was presented to the Board. D. Congdon reported that cement blankets were placed on the M. Schwanke lines at their property as freeze protection. D. Congdon requested that the application letter for new customers include information on tree removal, property access, post ISTS installation landscaping and customer electrical and plumbing responsibility.
CLWSD Meeting Minutes – December 1, 2021
O & M Update (Centralized)
- Operations Report: Rob Scott Jr. provided the following report: We met all the MPCA effluent limits for last month. The influent flows are low which are typical for this time of year. The insulated blanket installations and water infusion system should all be complete by now in preparation for the winter season. I plan on having a follow up meeting with SEH in the next week or so to finalize the construction documents for the upcoming plant upgrades next year.
- Mark Anderson Report: M. Anderson reported the following: Winterization work has been completed and the pumper truck is at Manco Trucking in International Falls for maintenance work.
- D. Congdon requested that the survey letter sent to billing customers be reviewed and updated.
PUBLIC COMMENTS (5 Minute Limit): There were none.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:40PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: Board of Manager’s Meeting – January 5, 2022, 1:00PM, Fellowship Hall
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.