CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
February 3, 2016 – 7:30 P.M.
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL
The meeting was called to order by Vice-Chairman Bruce Beste at 7:35P.M.
Members present: Managers Mark Anderson, Bruce Beste, Bill Congdon, and Darrell Scott.
Members absent: Rob Scott
Also present: Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman and 2 members of the community.
Minutes: A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by D. Scott, to approve the minutes of the Board of Managers’ Regular Meeting of January 6, 2016. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Correspondence: The correspondence list was reviewed by the Board. A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by D. Scott, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer/Accountant Report: Clerk/Treasurer J. Pohlman reviewed the Treasurer’s Report. January 2016 payroll expenses, including payroll taxes: Admin – $1,244.15; Operating – $3,768.08. 4th Quarter QuickBooks entries were reviewed with Jennifer of Glorvigen. 2014 Audit entries will be made to the District books on 2/4/16. The December 2015 Property Tax Apportionment was received – $389.12 Admin, $1,101.29 Special Assessment Revenue. The $1,101.29 S.A.R. was moved from checking to S.A.R. Savings. The Hoff property account is current. The December 2015 Financial Statements were presented to the Board. A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by M. Anderson, to approve the Treasurer’s report as presented and the payment of bills as follows: Administrative: Quill – $51.52 and Jo Ann Pohlman – $15.66. Settlement Fund: Marty’s Plumbing – $1,450.00. ESA IRRRB Fund: S.E.H. – $2,992.94. Plant Operations: Lake Country Power – $1,163.25, $120.77, $59.45, $45.10, $175.00 & $55.00; Dept. of Employment & Economic Development – $3.40; Pace Analytical – $296.00; Udovich Electric – $184.00; and Terry’s Operational Services – $1,462.20. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Fund Transfers: There were none.
- Salaries: M. Anderson assured the Board there were no payroll issues to be reviewed or addressed.
- Ordinance (ISTS Management): The adjustments to Ordinance 1 and 3 provided by Fryberger law firm will be reviewed with discussion and/or approval by the Board at the March meeting.
- Advisory Representative Update: John Connaker has received no communications from community members since December.
- DNR Agreements: The initial bill for the newly installed tank at the DNR Public Water Access at the end of Handberg Road was sent to the DNR in January. Payment procedure continues to be discussed with the DNR.
- VNP Comprehensive Plan: R. Scott was not present to report.
ESA Expansion & ISTS Management Project
- Engineering Update (S.E.H.): Randy requested that plant temperatures be emailed to him on a weekly basis. There were no records kept last year. The District will begin tracking temperatures at the plant for future reference.
- ISTS Management Projects Update (U of M): Jim Orton of Orton Construction emailed a draft CAR report for Handberg Road. All information was general and will be completed when Jim is able to access properties in the spring. The Draft Report was sent to Sara Heger who will participate in the March meeting via telephone.
- Funding: Mia Thibodeau of Fryberger provided documentation that the PFA/MMB requires as part of the District receiving state bonding funds. She requested that a letter to the MMB be signed and forwarded to her to be sent to the MMB. The Real Property Declaration will be signed after hearing back from the MMB. A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by B. Beste, to approve signature of the letter and signature of the Declaration documents upon recommendation of the Fryberger law firm. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
CLWSD Meeting Minutes – February 3, 2016
ESA Expansion & ISTS Management Project (Cont.)
- ESA Sewer Requests: There have been no new requested. Follow-up will be done for the Johnson Lake property requesting a new sewer.
- Future CSAH24 Development: B. Congdon suggested that a road may be developed to the back side of the properties to the west just prior to Handberg Road with possible sewer pipe extension to that area.
- Insurance Claim Status: Invoices related to the Stahnke property freezing have been sent to the adjuster. M. Anderson will be reviewing with the adjuster.
- Corrective Action Plan: Water infusion frequency will be adjusted at each property as needed.
O & M Update
- Operations Report: Terry Jackson’s report stated that all effluent limitations were maintained during January.
- The controller on the motor control center at the plant failed during the month on an intermittent basis. Tony Udovich will be called in to check it when needed.
- Chemicals at the plant will be adjusted to compensate for additional flow due to water infusion. The process will be monitored closely.
- Nikki Rutchasky has been registered for the WWTP Operator Advanced Course.
PUBLIC COMMENTS (5 Minute Limit): There were none.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:15PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: BOARD OF MANAGERS’ MEETING – MARCH 2, 2016 – 7:30PM, FELLOWSHIP HALL
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.