CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
Crane Lake Chapel Fellowship Hall
Wednesday, March 2, 2022 – 1:00 P.M.
Members present: Mark Anderson, Bonnie Caughey, and Rob Scott
Members absent: Deena Congdon and Darrell Scott
Also present: John Friel & Cameron Bruce of S.E.H., and Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman
The meeting was called to order by Rob Scott at 1:10P.M.
Opening Comments: S.E.H. Engineering would be moved to the beginning of the meeting.
- John & Cameron provided an Agenda, Construction Plans for Flow Equalization System at the plant, and a Cost Estimate Overview for the Board’s review. The documents were reviewed. The basic premise of the plant update is to normalize flow to equalize and normalize the seasonal and weekend peak wastewater flows to the existing WWTF. There will also be additional improvements. A project schedule was provided beginning with this review meeting until final completion planned for November of this year. A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by M. Anderson, to approve S.E.H. advertising for bids for the Crane Lake Wastewater Treatment Plant Flow Equalization System project. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Minutes: A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by B. Caughey, to approve the minutes of the 2/2/22 Regular Meeting. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Correspondence: The correspondence list was reviewed by the Board. A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by M. Anderson, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report: Clerk/Treasurer J. Pohlman presented the January 2022 Financial Statements to the Board. February 2022 payroll: Admin – $1,909.00, Operating – $4,712.00. Payroll Taxes: PERA – $1,123.37, Federal Deposit – $1,854.66. $174.00 was transferred from the Operating Fund to the WIF Fund as required by the MPCA. A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by B. Caughey, to approve the Treasurer’s Report as presented and the payment of bills as follows: Admin Fund – $1,250.00; Legacy III Fund – $6,282.88; and Operating Fund – $6,318.00. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Funding Balances: A Report of current grant funding balances was presented to the Board.
Joint Powers Board
- VNP Comprehensive Plan: R. Scott attended the February meeting. The Comprehensive Plan is in its final form and is out for review.
- Grant Funding: Applications for DEED funds and ARPR funds are in process.
O & M. (Decentralized)
- Management Program Update: There were no changes from last month.
- B. Caughey has been working on rate requirements and presented her assumptions to the Board members for their feedback. The Board agreed with her assumptions and work will continue.
CLWSD Meeting Minutes – March 2, 2022
O & M Update (Centralized)
- Operations Report: Rob Scott Jr. provided the following report: We met all the MPCA effluent limits for the month of January. I see in the meeting minutes from last month’s meeting it stated the limits were below the limits for January. That was recorded incorrectly. It should have said for the month of December in the previous meeting. I want to clarify the timing of when the samples are submitted to the MPCA. The DMR(Discharge Monitoring Report) spreadsheet we submit to the MPCA every month is due by the 21st of the following month for the month you are reporting on. For example, by March 21st I will submit my DMR to MPCA from the final results from Pace Labs for the month of February. This is because the results from the samples taken towards the end of the month are not finalized until the first or second week of the following month. It takes about 10 to 12 days to produce a final report for any given sample day. I hope this clears it up and if you need more clarification, please let me know. To help with this, I will state the month that the DMR was submitted for in my monthly letter. The plant is operating well and the influent numbers are showing a high level of snowmobile traffic in the area. I hope SEH will be informative at this meeting regarding the upcoming plant upgrade. This will be a great project to have completed to help the in the treatment of our wastewater.
- Winterization: The maintenance staff will check the infusers again to ensure they are all operating correctly.
- Water Temps: The water temperatures are around the 40-degree mark. The temperature gauge was not working correctly and was replaced with a temporary gauge. The temperature reading system will be redone and reprogramed in the spring. Flows have been increased at some of the infusing stations.
- Norway Lodge Expansion: David Tufte will provide the District with more engineering information upon completion of the conditional use permitting process with St. Louis County.
PUBLIC COMMENTS (5 Minute Limit): There were none.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:30PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: Board of Manager’s Meeting – April 6, 2022, 1:00PM, Fellowship Hall
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.