CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
Crane Lake Chapel Fellowship Hall
Wednesday, May 4, 2022 – 1:00 P.M.
Members present: Mark Anderson, Bonnie Caughey (via phone), Deena Congdon, and Rob Scott
Members absent: Darrell Scott
Also present: Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman
The meeting was called to order by Rob Scott at 1:15PM.
Minutes: A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by B. Caughey, to approve the minutes of the 4/6/22 Regular Meeting. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Correspondence: The correspondence list was reviewed by the Board. A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by M. Anderson, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report: Clerk/Treasurer J. Pohlman presented the March 2022 Financial Statements, which were Previous Year Comparisons and had been reviewed with Jennifer of Glorvigen, to the Board. April 2022 payroll: Admin – $2,037.00, Operating – $5,128.00. Payroll Taxes: PERA – $1,006.33, Federal Deposit – $1,633.76 & MN Tax – $816.00. A transfer of $8,000.00 was made from Debt Service Savings to the Amin. Fund. The Audit is complete and copies will be sent soon. A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by B. Caughey, to approve the Treasurer’s Report as presented and the payment of bills as follows: Admin Fund – $1,250.00; Legacy III Fund – $5,835.09; and Operating Fund – $9,811.84. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Funding Balances: A Report of current Legacy grant funding balances was presented to the Board. The Board reviewed the remaining balance and matching funds for Legacy III. Legacy Grant IV funds of $200,000 will be received soon, also an American Rescue Care Grant of $200,000.
Joint Powers Board
- VNP Comprehensive Plan: R. Scott attended the April meeting. The Comprehensive Plan is completed. Ash River is working on their Feasibility Plan and Kabetogama is in Phase II of expansion plans. The June JPB meeting will be held in Crane Lake at the Fellowship Hall, June 15th at 10AM.
- State and Federal Grant Funding: The JPB is currently working on Legacy V Funds for all areas.
S.E.H. Engineering Update
Plant Upgrade: Jason Chopp provided the following: The only update for this month is that the WWTP project is out for contractor bids with a bid opening on May 19th. There are currently 6 plan holders
O & M. (Decentralized)
- Management Program Update: Deena was in communication with Ron Rutchasky about possible repair work at various properties due to high water. The District currently has five new ISTS projects lined up for the 2022 construction season.
- Rate Study: B. Caughey continues to work on the project.
O & M Update (Centralized)
- Operations Report: Rob Scott Jr. provided the following report: We met all the MPCA effluent limits for the month of March. The plant is operating well and the influent volume is low. I spoke with SEH yesterday and we have been getting interest in contractors inquiring about the bid documents. The bid opening will be on Thursday May 19th.
- Mark Anderson Report: A new grinder pump is needed at Cabins on Crane. The pumper truck will make its first run to Grand Rapids Utility this week. The Board discussed a rate to pump private tanks on the main land. A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by M. Anderson setting the rate at $500 per pump and using the District’s truck only. All voted in favor and the motion carried. The plant road and was graded as well as another area near the plant. Power boxes are being ordered.
- Water Temperatures: The temps. are at 44 degrees, which is in line with expectations for this time of year.
CLWSD Meeting Minutes – May 4, 2022
O & M Update (Centralized) (Cont.)
- Personnel: The Board is reviewing personnel needs as upgrades are being made to the plant and as the District grows.
- Summer Transition: Infusers will be turned off and cement blankets will be removed from grinders next week.
- D. Tufte RV Site: Mark advised that the project is currently at a standstill while they work with engineers.
- Twp. Campground: Nothing new to report.
- The Board discussed the construction fee for both the Tufte & the Township RV sites and agreed that the basic fee of $7,500 per site would apply and monthly rates would be determined by the number of sites at each.
- Jim Baker, a customer in East Bay, requested a pump out of his system when the ice goes out and when the barge can get to his property.
Public Comment: There was none.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:15PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: Board of Manager’s Meeting – June 1, 2022, 1:00PM, Fellowship Hall
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.