CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
Crane Lake Chapel Fellowship Hall
Wednesday, June 2, 2021 – 1:00 P.M.
Members present: Mark Anderson, Bonnie Caughey, Deena Congdon, and Rob Scott
Members absent: Darrell Scott
Also present: ESA Representative John Connacker, Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman and two members of the community.
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Rob Scott at 1:05PM.
Minutes: A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by B. Caughey, to approve the minutes of the 5/5/21 Regular Meeting. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Correspondence: The correspondence list was reviewed by the Board. A motion was made by B. Caughey, supported by R. Scott, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report: Clerk/Treasurer J. Pohlman presented the April 2021 Financial Statements to the Board. May 2021 payroll: Admin – $1,940.00, Operating – $3,750.00 plus Payroll Taxes – PERA – $865.21 Federal Deposit – $939.56. A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by R. Scott, to approve the Treasurer’s Report as presented and the payment of bills as follows: Admin Fund – $1,530.00; Legacy III Fund – $9,593.11; and Operating Fund – $7,330.01. All voted in favor and the motion carried. A request was made to St. Louis County for Covid-19 relief dollars through the Costin Group to be used for Debt Relief. The request was declined. A new request was presented for capital improvements, which was accepted.
Funding Balances: A Report of current grant funding balances was presented to the Board.
Joint Powers Board
- VNP Comprehensive Plan: The draft copy of the Comprehensive Plan will be available for Board review and comment soon, then it will go to the Township for review, then back to the JPB for approval.
- Grant Funding: State and Federal grants are currently in limbo.
- The August JPB meeting will be held in Crane Lake – probably the third week on Wednesday.
- District Update: There was no report from Jason Chopp.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Flow Equalization Project: A 60-day public notice for the modifications to the NPDES Permit is currently running and will run into July. Updates of information from the MPCA will be provided as it is received.
O & M. (Decentralized)
- Management Program Update: A report was presented to the Board. 1) Udovich Electric will complete work at the Groomer Garage. 2) Three properties are ready for design work, which is planned for the first part of June. 3) Two properties are ready for construction, which is planned for mid-June. 4) One property is waiting for a permit to construct from St. Louis County.
O & M Update (Centralized)
- Operations Report: Rob Scott Jr. provided the following report: We met all the effluent limits for last month. You can tell summer is here, there is a large increase of influent coming into the plant; but things are running well. When we drained out the recirculating tank and cleaned out all the sludge, it seemed to really help the sand filter performance. I think this is something we will be doing every spring to get ready for the summer season.
- M. Anderson reported that the samplers were blown, probably by lightning. Udovich Electric has been called to assess the situation to arrive at the best remedy. The insurance company will be contacted.
- Voyagaire: Pumping has begun for the summer season.
CLWSD Meeting Minutes – June 2, 2021
PUBLIC COMMENTS (5 Minute Limit): Terry Huggins asked what the difference was between Decentralized (Managed ISTS Systems) and Centralized (Pipeline) areas. He also asked about the Kicker Blvd. Grant’s origin and the meaning of ISTS (Individual Sewer Treatment System) and MPCA (Minnesota Pollution Control Agency).
The meeting was adjourned at 1:30PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: Board of Manager’s Meeting – July 7, 2021 1:00PM, Fellowship Hall
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.