CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
June 4, 2015 – 7:30 P.M.
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Rob Scott at 8:17P.M.
Members present: Managers Mark Anderson, Bruce Beste, and Rob Scott. Manager Bill Congdon arrived at 8:30PM.
Members absent: Manager Darrell Scott
Also present: S.E.H. Engineer Randy Jenniges, Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman, and three members of the community.
Minutes: An addition was made to the May 6th meeting minutes at the request of Sara Heger of the U of M. The minutes will state that she was available to attend the meeting via telephone but the Board did not call her. A motion was made by M. Anderson supported by B. Beste, to approve the corrected minutes of the Board of Managers’ Regular Meeting of May 6, 2015. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Correspondence: The correspondence list was reviewed by the Board. A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by M. Anderson, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer/Accountant Report: Clerk/Treasurer J. Pohlman reviewed the Treasurer’s Report. May 2015 payroll expenses: Administrative – $871.50 and Operations – $2,552.25. The April 2015 Financial Statements were presented to the Board. A motion was made by B. Beste, supported by M. Anderson, to approve the Treasurer’s report as presented and the payment of bills as follows: Administrative: Costin Group – $1,000.00 and Glorvigen – $210.00. Operations: Lake Country Power – $980.63, $131.30, $144.43, $82.06, & $46.00; Beth Bak – $125.00; Citi-Lites – $81.00; Gopher State One-Call – $8.70; Pace Analytical – $312.00; Rutchasky Enterprises – $180.00; USA-BlueBook – $235.42; and Terry’s Operational Services – $1,343.20. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Fund Transfers: A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by M. Anderson, to transfer $2,000.00 from the Operations Fund to Capital Reserve Savings. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
- Ordinance (ISTS Management): B. Beste and J. Connaker continue to work on a rate structure for the management system. There was nothing new to report.
- VNP Comprehensive Plan: Federal funding will be state sponsored by the DNR. There is support from Representative Nolan’s office. Land discussion for the Ash River area is moving forward.
- State and Federal Grant Funding: The JPB continues to work for both State and Federal level funds for all areas.
ESA Expansion & ISTS Management Project
- Engineering Update (S.E.H.): Randy Jenniges reported that the Pre-Construction Meeting was held on May 21. The construction project laying forcemain down Handberg Road has begun and is moving swiftly. 3,200 feet of the 6,000 foot project is completed. Dan Shannon of S.E.H. is overseeing the project and is currently speaking to property owners along Handberg Road. His cell phone number is 218-256-5124, if you wish to contact him. They are finding less rock than anticipated. The depth of the pipe is 9 feet deep or more. Easement documents for the DNR Landing are at the District attorney’s office. It is recommended that title insurance be obtained. Randy will review that procedure with Fryberger.
- Funding: The Bonding Fund contract is being reviewed by the District attorneys prior to completion. A declaration agreement is needed from the MMB before the agreement is drawn up.
- Handberg’s Marina has communicated with the District regarding connection to the system for part of their property. Randy will look into using Bonding dollars for that connection.
- A time extension change order was presented to the Board. A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by M. Anderson, to extend the substantial completion date to 8/25/15 and final completion date to 9/1/15 due to funding delays and project start up delay. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
CLWSD Meeting Minutes – June 4, 2015
- Insurance Claim Status: There is one more bill to submit to the adjuster for the insurance claim.
- New Insurance Claim: There now will be a new claim for the grinder damage at the Brenton property.
O & M Update
- Operations Report: Terry Jackson submitted a report that he had not received all lab results for May, but felt all effluent limitations and standards were met for the month. Electronic daily monitoring reports and sample value spreadsheets were submitted to the MPCA for April 2015.
- Terry met with Mountain Environmental to coordinate sludge disposal. 11,000 gallons of sludge was pumped from the two storage tanks and delivered to the wastewater plant in Grand Rapids. Sludge will be pumped from the bottom of the recirculation tank.
- Chemical dosage and zone valves are being adjusted in accord with increased flow to the plant.
- Terry’s current plan is not to renew his contract for next year and is willing to serve on a committee to evaluate employment needs for the District.
- Randy Jenniges will present information on a telemetry system for the District at the next meeting.
PUBLIC COMMENTS (5 Minute Limit): Joanne Nachtsheim commented that she had met Dan Shannon of S.E.H and found him to be very helpful and his information to be informative regarding the forcemain being installed on Handberg Road.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:05PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: BOARD OF MANAGERS’ MEETING – JULY 1, 2015 – 7:30PM, FELLOWSHIP HALL
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.