CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
Crane Lake Chapel Fellowship Hall
Wednesday, August 4, 2021 – 1:00 P.M.
Members present: Mark Anderson, Bonnie Caughey, Deena Congdon, and Rob Scott
Members absent: Darrell Scott
Also present: Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman and two members of the community.
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Rob Scott at 1:03PM.
Minutes: A motion was made by B. Caughey, supported by M. Anderson, to approve the minutes of the 7/7/21 Regular Meeting. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Correspondence: The correspondence list was reviewed by the Board. A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by R. Scott, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report: Clerk/Treasurer J. Pohlman presented the June 2021 Financial Statements, which were Previous Year Comparisons and had been reviewed with Jennifer of Glorvigen, to the Board. July 2021 payroll: Admin – $1,745.00, Operating – $9,162.50 plus Payroll Taxes – PERA – $990.27, Federal Deposit – $2,043.62, and MN Revenue – $696.00. Jeff Truebenbach will be added to PERA. A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by B. Caughey, to approve the Treasurer’s Report as presented and the payment of bills as follows: Admin Fund – $1,639.00; Legacy III Fund – $26,868.63; and Operating Fund – $10,111.54. All voted in favor and the motion carried. Rob Scott reminded those present that $200,000 was expected from St. Louis County as part of the Covid-19 relief program.
Funding Balances: A Report of current grant funding balances was presented to the Board.
- Snowplow Agreement Renewal: The Board agreed to renew the agreement with St Louis County to plow the plant road for the 2021/2022 winter season.
- Notary Renewal: The Board agreed that notary status by the Clerk should be continued.
Joint Powers Board
- VNP Comprehensive Plan: R. Scott did not attend the meeting in July. The August meeting is planned for 8/18/21 at Scott’s Bar & Grill, 10AM. Ash River is completing soil borings, etc. prior to a feasibility study this fall. Island View is completed. Kabetogama is reviewing land options for Phase 2. The Crane Lake plant update and ISTS installations continue. The final draft of the CLWSD Comprehensive Wastewater Plan was received. B. Caughey has reviewed it and will submit corrections to Jason Chopp of S.E.H.
- Grant Funding: $700,000 has been received by the JPB; Crane Lake will be receiving a portion of that funding to continue ISTS installations.
- District Update: Jason Chopp had nothing new to report.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Flow Equalization Project: Plans for the plant are being finalized prior to Board approval. The next step will be to bid the project, hopefully this fall; then construction. A Special Meeting would be called, if necessary, to speed the bidding process.
O & M. (Decentralized)
- Management Program Update: A report was presented to the Board. Designs are being prepared and construction will begin on permitted properties.
- D. Congdon will communicate with the County on processing our permit requests.
CLWSD Meeting Minutes – August 4, 2021
O & M Update (Centralized)
- Operations Report: Rob Scott Jr. provided the following report: We met all the effluent limits for last month. Influent flows are very high but the plant is operating well to handle the high inflow. S.E.H. is planning on sending me some spec. documents and preliminary drawings regarding the plant expansion project this week. Lance is continuing to train Jeff Truebenbach to learn the plant operations.
- M. Anderson reported that a float was stuck at Shuck’s and remedied. He is reviewing chemicals used by RV’s that may affect the plant with the anticipated increase in flow from the planned campground at the old Borderland property. Jeff Truebenbach will do the pump truck maintenance until the truck is sent for annual repair/maintenance this fall. The District is considering the purchase of a smaller pump truck; however, because of current high prices will hold off for a while. The Board is considering purchase of a barge that could accommodate the pump truck to service properties in the area that are not part of the Management Program.
- Debit Card: The District will get a debit card for the District.
PUBLIC COMMENTS (5 Minute Limit): Kathy Slycord wanted to know the goal of the Comprehensive Plan discussed above. B. Caughey pointed out that the goal of the JPB was stated in many places throughout the document, which was available for review.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:45PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: Board of Manager’s Meeting – September1, 2021 1:00PM, Fellowship Hall
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.