CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
August 2, 2017 – 6:00 P.M.
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Rob Scott at 6:05P.M.
Members present: Mark Anderson, Bill Congdon and Rob Scott.
Members absent: Bruce Beste and Darrell Scott.
Also present: Jason Chopp of S.E.H., Plant Operator Terry Jackson, Ron Rutchasky of Rutchasky Enterprises, Jim & Kim Orton of Orton Construction, CLWSD Advisory Rep. John Connaker, Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman, and 2 members of the community.
Comments: Chairman Rob Scott moved the O & M Update to the beginning of the meeting.
O & M Update (Centralized)
- Operations Report: Terry Jackson reported that July sample results had not been received yet, but they should meet effluent limitations.
- Two compressors are now in service at the plant. They will be utilized in part for thickening the sludge and stabilizing the sludge with lime when land spreading becomes an option. Ron & Terry will take soil samples at different locations on Ron’s property to be tested by the MPCA for possible land spreading sites.
- Terry met with Rob J. Scott at the plant introducing plant process. Lance explained daily readings/recordings to Rob. He has begun the Sacramento State Wastewater Operator correspondence course and is working toward certification as the plant operator.
- The pump used to retrofit at Voyagaire was drawing too many amps and had to be replaced.
- A list of plant needs and wants was presented to the Board with a dehumidifier, samplers, eyewash and shower at the top of the list.
- Jake Ulen will be asked to become an employee of the District as a maintenance worker.
Minutes: A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by M. Anderson, to approve the minutes of the 7/10/17 Board of Managers’ Meeting. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Correspondence: The correspondence list was reviewed by the Board. A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by B. Congdon, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report: Clerk/Treasurer J. Pohlman reviewed the Treasurer’s Report. The June 2017 Financial Statements were presented to the Board. July 2017 payroll: Admin – $1,742.23; Operating – $4,041.80. A $60,000 Legacy Grant was received for the Kicker Blvd. annexation process. The $300,000 Legacy Grant was approved. The 2nd Qtr. QuickBooks entries were reviewed with Jennifer of Glorvigen. Bills for payment: Administrative: Costin Group – $1,250.00; Glorvigen – $4,368.00. IRRRB Fund: S.E.H. – $4,800.00. Legacy Fund: Handberg’s Marina -$126.74; and Rutchasky Enterprises – $3,400.00, $720.00, $19,571.00, & $21,541.00. Plant Operations: Lake Country Power – $804.04, $171.27, $111.95, $45.10, $46.00, & $50.00; Randy Clemmer – $200.00; Gopher State One Call – $1.35; Northwoods True Value – $381.16; Pace Analytical – $177.00; Sunrise Construction – $175.00; Udovich Electric – $593.75; and Terry’s Operational Services – $1,355.88. An invoice for the new plant digesters for was added as a payment from the Legacy Fund. A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by R. Scott, to approve the Treasurer’s Report as presented and the payment of bills. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
MPCA/PFA Funding: The Board discussed the purchase of a pumper truck and a heated building in which to store the truck as possible Legacy Fund expenses.
- CLWSD Advisory Rep. Update: John Connaker said there was no update.
- ISTS Ordinance Update & Review: The Board discussed the $80 monthly fee in the Decentralized area and agreed that it was sufficient to cover connection of more than one building. A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by B. Congdon, to provide a $25 monthly fee option to those customers without plumbing currently in their cabin and wishing to update their ISTS system with plumbing planned for their cabin in the future. After installing plumbing the $80 monthly fee would apply. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
CLWSD Meeting Minutes – August 2, 2017
- VNP Comprehensive Plan: R. Scott reported that there will be two meetings later this month at Ash River; the first being the general meeting with a meeting following for Ash River only. Work continues to reduce the number of members on the Ash River board.
- Kicker Blvd. Annex: As stated earlier, the $60,000 Legacy Grant has been received for the Kicker Blvd. Annexation.
- State and Federal Grant Funding: The $300,000 Legacy Grant is available for use for additional ISTS and other District use.
S.E.H. Engineering Update
- Handberg Road Project (Phase II): Jason Chopp reported that information had been forwarded to Brian Fitzpatrick of the MPCA for approval prior to the beginning of the bid process. Jason met with property owners included in the project. Jason recommended the inclusion of a bid line item for expenses for customer complaints as a result of blasting within 100 feet of wells or buildings. The Board agreed later in the meeting. The Board also agreed later in the meeting that S.E.H. should go out for bids prior to the next meeting should MPCA approval be received.
O & M Update (Decentralized)
- CLWSD Initial Site Survey: Jim Orton reported on areas reviewed and areas remaining for review. He also reported that the property owners requesting service on USFS leased land in East Bay have received County approval and the USFS should be providing their approval by August 18th. The County will then be able to provide the Permits to Construction to the District. The yearly review of the Richter property has been completed with paper work to be provided soon. Areas still to be visited are: Nelson Road, Rollick Creek, Vermilion Falls Road and Johnson Lake.
- Management Program Status Report: A report was provided to the Board.
- A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by M. Anderson, that bid awards for ISTS construction in the Decentralized area would be performed by R. Scott and J. Pohlman. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
- A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by B. Congdon, that a letter be written to property owners with non-compliant systems advising them of non-compliant District and County action. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
PUBLIC COMMENTS (5 Minute Limit): There were none.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:20PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: BOARD OF MANAGERS’ MEETING – SEPTEMBER 6, 2017 – 6:00PM, FELLOWSHIP HALL
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.