CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
August 1, 2012 – 7:30 P.M.
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Rob Scott at 7:30P.M.
Members present: Managers Mark Anderson, Bruce Beste, Bill Congdon & Rob Scott
Members absent: Darrell Scott
Also present: Sewer Maintenance Operator Terry Jackson and Anne, Maintenance Worker Jim Pohlman and Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman.
Minutes: A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by B. Beste, to approve the minutes of the Board of Managers’ Regular Meeting of July 11, 2012. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Correspondence: The correspondence list was reviewed by the Board. A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by M. Anderson, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer/Accountant Report: Clerk/Treasurer J. Pohlman reviewed the Treasurer’s Report. July 2012 payroll expenses were as follows: Administrative – $852.99 and Operations – $2,811.50. The June 2012 financial statements, presented to the Board, and current balances were reviewed. The 2nd Quarter Quick Books entries were reviewed by Jennifer of Glorvigen. A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by B. Beste, to approve the Treasurer’s report as presented and the payment of bills as follows: Administrative: Crane Lake Chapel – $150.00; Fryberger – $4,440.45 & $803.00. Operations: Lake Country Power – $532.38, $60.12, $30.47, $24.05 & $25.00; Citi-Lites – $50.00; Dept. of Employment – $1,084.56; Hawkins – $2,107.35; Pace Analytical – $280.00; Quality Flow – $821.63; and Terry’s Operational Services – $1,217.69. All voted in favor and the motion carried. A Quality Flow invoice in the amount of $630.00 is being reviewed before payment.
Fund Transfers: A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by B. Beste, to transfer $2,000 to C.R. Savings from the Operating Fund. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
USDA-RD Debt Service and Forecast Revenues/Expenses: A meeting is schedule with Rural Development the first part of September in St. Paul. The current debt will be reviewed as well as debt options for the Handberg Road Extension and the possibility of combining the two. The District will need to review Forecast Revenue losses due to the closing of VHB from September until May.
- Culvert Letter: A follow-up letter will be sent to St. Louis County regarding the depth of the pipes in the new culvert area.
- Survey Letters: EDU Survey letters will be mailed with the August billing statements.
- Mediation with RLK: The mediation held on July 24th has been continued to August 15th. The Board will discuss the mediation to date at the Closed Meeting following this meeting.
- VLD Letter: Mia Thibodeau, of Fryberger, Buchanan provided a response to VLD’s letter. No response to that letter has been received to date.
- VNP Comprehensive Plan: The VNP clean Water Joint Powers Board met at the Cook Land Department office on July 18, 2012. Julie Kennedy, S.E.H, provided an update on funding, DNR involvement in the Comprehensive Plan, and the JPB contract. There will be a meeting on August 7th at Kabetogama to provide an update on the Puck’s Point project. Rob Scott reminded the board that there is still a need for cost overrun funds for the CSAH 24 project and the new culvert installation. He requested a response from the Environmental Services offices. Rob advised the board that the CLWSD continues to work for funds for the Handberg Road extension. The Island View project has a DEED grant in the works. The VNP is working with S.E.H. on funding and overall project support.
CLWSD Meeting Minutes – August 1, 2012
Treatment Plant and Operations Report
- Terry Jackson reported that all state standards were met during the month of July.
- The UV tubes were replaced.
- A-1 Sewer Service began disposing of sludge storage.
- The ‘off’ float switch was not working in the effluent wet well, resulting in the effluent pump running constantly. The float was replaced and the pump is back in service.
- Range Electric repaired the panel for the recirculation pump. Corroded contacts and loose wires appear to have been the problem. The operation of the recirculation pumps will be monitored closely.
- Chemical feed rates continue to be adjusted with the changing flow rates.
- Handberg Road Expansion-Holding Tanks: Terry Jackson will look into the cost vs. potential income for the District.
- Randy Jenniges joined the meeting via telephone.
- Grinder Tank Hook-Up: The Drigg’s family is planning to add RV sites to their property. M. Anderson will communicate with the Driggs; and T. Jackson and Randy Jenniges of S.E.H. will review requirements for modification to their existing system.
- Grinder Tank Matrix: Randy Jenniges is working on this for modification hookup information for future requests.
- Easements: One easement remains to be completed.
- VHB Sept. to May closing: Randy will review how the increased dwell time will impact the force main and if there will be a potential for freezing.
Collection System O & M
- Freezing Corrective Action Status: There was no report.
- I&I Corrective Action Status: More infiltration work will be done as funds permit.
PUBLIC COMMENTS (5 Minute Limit): There were none.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:27PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: SEPTEMBER 5, 2012, 7:30PM, CRANE LAKE FELLOWSHIP HALL
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.