CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ SPECIAL MEETING
August 21, 2008 – 9:00 A.M.
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Rob Scott at 9:00 A.M.
Members present: Managers Bill Congdon, Rob Scott and Mike White
Members absent: Dave Adams and Darrell Scott
Also present: John Jamnick of RLK-Kuusisto and Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman.
Collection System Contract
- John Jamnick explained that three businesses were requested to bid; Sokoloski, Daniels and Rutchasky. Rutchasky Enterprises, Inc. was the only business to submit a bid. Their bid included $6,535.00 for the work on Bayside Drive – Insulate pipe from the manhole back, expose the Lutz service and add a check valve, install heat tape in the manhole; and $17,795 for work at The Pines – Install pump station, insulate pipe or install new pipe with insulation, add check valve.
- The Board questioned why only part of the collection work was bid. John Jamnick explained that the bid was for excavation related work.
- A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by R. Scott to accept the bid. Discussion items included: Verify permit requirements with the MPCA; verify pipe specifications with MHD; determine payment; assurance that more problems do not exist. B. Congdon and R. Scott voted in favor; M. White abstained needing time to read the bid. The motion carried.
Consulting Engineering Support
- R. Scott stated that the Board had approved an independent firm to identify what problems have been resolved and what remain.
- The Board stated their concern of resolving all the items listed on the RLK August 2008 Project Status Report plus replacement of the Beckmann tank before winter and keeping the repairs within the $60,000.00 estimate.
- J. Jamnick stated that he had contacted Quality Flow in June to address the leaking tanks with no response to date.
- A motion was made by M. White, supported by B. Congdon to approve work as outlined in the RLK August 2008 Project Status Report plus replacement of the Beckmann tank and to include the bid items amounting to $24,330.00 for a total not to exceed $60,000.00. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
- B. Congdon requested that the Clerk compile a list of open issues to be addressed.
Municipal Bankruptcy Option
- R. Scott will follow-up with Mary Frances Skala and Mia Peterson of Fryberger. B. Congdon will communicate with Gary Cerkvenik regarding conflict with the Namakan Basin Area project.
There being no other business the meeting was adjourned at 9:40AM
J. Pohlman, Clerk
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.