CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS REGULAR MEETING
August 7, 2002 – 7:30 PM
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL
Study Session: 6:30 – 7:30PM
John Jamnick and Jim Pucel of RLK-Kuusisto reviewed the Project Status Report.
There was discussion on remote operation of the treatment plant. Mike Applewick of Northeast Technical Services will send proposal for remote plant operation and will be invited to present that proposal at a Board next meeting. Sludge removal was discussed.
The meeting was called to order by Vice-Chairman Darrell Scott at 7:30PM.
Members present: Managers Jim Sanborn, Darrell Scott, Mike White, and Deena Congdon. Members absent: David Dill.
Also present: John Jamnick and Jim Pucel of RLK-Kuusisto Ltd., Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman, and five members of the community.
Motion by J. Sanborn, supported by D. Congdon to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting of July 10 and the Special Meeting of July 24, 2002. Motion carried.
Motion by J. Sanborn, supported by D. Congdon to approve the July Treasurer’s Report and payment of bills as follows: Cook News Herald – $26.29; Quill Corp. – $55.66; Border State Bank – $1,736.11; and American Engineering Testing – $3,158.00. Motion carried.
- The correspondence was presented to the Board as received from July 24 through August 7, 2002.
RLK-Kuusisto Progress Report
- Talked to Terry Engel, USACE advising him that the CLWSD will not be involved in Design Credits.
- Residential meters would cost $200 installed for each residence.
- M. White asked engineers to ask Alicia Cope who has jurisdiction over the road beyond Voyagaire Lodge as it is dedicated for public use.
- The Board should have a draft plan for the Eastern Service Area by September 1, 2002.
- American Engineering completed soil borings on wastewater treatment site and access road.
- Met with Mike Applewick from Northeast Technical Services to discuss remote plant automation.
- Met with Alicia Cope and developed a descriptive list of easements needed.
- Project Schedule is as follows:
Obtain authorization to advertise for bids from Board on August 21, 2002.
Advertise project – August 30, 2002.
Bid Opening – September 18, 2002.
Begin Construction – Early October.
Easements-Status Report – David Dill
- D. Dill was not present to report on the easement status.
- Motion by M. White, supported by J. Sanborn to ask David Dill to arrange for status report telling why we do not have each particular easement and when we will have each. Motion carried.
- RLK-Kuusisto met with Northeast Technical Services (NTS) on July 30, 2002.
- Price package should be available for the next meeting.
- M. Applewick of NTS will be invited to a Board meeting to explain proposal.
Rate Schedule & Ordinance Plan
- M. White and D. Congdon will work on this together.
Motion by D. Congdon, supported by M. White authorizing the engineers to advertise for bids when loan closing instructions are approved and other required approvals are in order. Motion carried.
The next meeting will be a Special Board Meeting on August 21, 2002 at 7:30PM at the Crane Lake Chapel with a Study Session beginning at 6:30PM prior to the meeting.
PUBLIC COMMENT – None
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 7:55 PM.