CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS REGULAR MEETING
December 4, 2002 – 7:30 PM
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL
Study Session: 7:00 – 7:30PM
Jim Pucel reviewed the Draft Plan for the Eastern Service Area. He also presented a map dividing the District into the following areas: Group One – Proposed Western Service Area, Handberg Point Area, C.S.A.H. 24 Corridor, and Group Two – Baylis Island & Bear Island Area, Rollick Bay Area, Wolf Point Area, King Williams Narrows Area, East Bay Area and Echo River Area.
The meeting was called to order by Vice-Chairman Darrell Scott at 7:35PM.
Members present: Managers Darrell Scott, Mike White, Deena Congdon and Jim Sanborn. Members absent: David Dill.
Also present: Jim Pucel of RLK-Kuusisto Ltd., Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman, a reporter from the Cook News-Herald and four members of the community.
Motion by M. White, supported by D. Congdon to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting of November 6. Motion carried.
Motion by M. White, supported by D. Congdon to approve the November Treasurer’s Report, have the Clerk contact the Border State Bank to review the status of the $100,000 loan, and payment of administrative bills as follows: Frontier – $71.77; Minnesota Rural Water – $195.00. Motion carried.
- The correspondence was presented to the Board. M. White requested that the Clerk send a copy of Cope & Peterson’s letter and Consent to be signed by the Chairman of the Town of Crane Lake regarding Right-of-Way jurisdiction over Harding Manor, Baylis Crane Lake Addition, and Chase First Addition roads; and the Resolution Ordering Improvement sent by Fryberger et al to all Board Members to be acted upon at the next meeting.
RLK-Kuusisto Progress Report
- Analyzed the bids for the wastewater collection and wastewater treatment project.
- Revised final permit from the MPCA.
- Spoke with Oliver Eggen and EJ Dawson regarding easements.
- Developed a rough draft of the Eastern Service Area Plan to be completed by the next meeting so the Board can make their decision on the tabled bids.
- D. Scott had heard that there was a possibility of the DNR not approving the discharge into the lake. J. Pucel looked into this and could not verify it. The DNR participated in the discharge site selection.
- Work continues on the easement issues remaining to be resolved.
- The Consent that Alicia Cope drafted to be sent to the Town requesting its approval to cross the Right-of-Ways in Chase, Baylis Crane Lake Addition and Harding Manor will be reviewed by the Board and acted upon at the next meeting.
Eastern Service Area Plan
- The draft plan for the balance of the District other than the Western Service Area was presented and will be provided to the Board before the next meeting.
Ordinance Plan & Rate Schedule
- M. White and D. Congdon did meet to discuss the Ordinance Plan and Rate Schedule.
- M. White will compile their information to be presented at the next Board meeting.
Town Board Website Request
- D. Congdon will write a letter to the Town Board to be acted upon at the next meeting.
- There was talk of combining a website for the Town and the CLWSD.
D. Dill Resignation
- D. Dill’s resignation has been forwarded to St. Louis County.
- The Board will address this after they receive a response from the County.
Treasurer Position – Required Action
- M. White advised the Board that he would not be a candidate for reappointment to the position of Treasurer for the year 2003.
- This will be addressed at the January meeting along with other offices.
- The engineers will have a recommendation for the Board at the next meeting.
The next meeting will be a Special Board Meeting on December 18, 2002 at 7:30PM at the Crane Lake Chapel with a Study Session beginning at 7:00PM prior to the meeting.
PUBLIC COMMENT – None
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:10PM.