CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
February 16, 2005 – 7:30 P.M.
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Michael White at 7:35 P.M.
Members present: Managers Deena Congdon, Rob Scott, and Michael White.
Members absent: Bud Bystrom and Darrell Scott. Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman was also absent.
Also present: Jim Pucel of RLK-Kuusisto, Mike Appelwick and Jim Pohlman of NTS, reporters from the Cook News-Herald and the Voyageur Sentinel, and 1 member of the community.
A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by D. Congdon, to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting of February 2, 2005. Motion carried.
A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by D. Congdon to pay the invoices on hand, approve Pay Estimate No. 14, and release retainage for the Treatment Plant Contract. Motion carried.
The correspondence was presented to the Board. A motion was made by D. Congdon, supported by R. Scott, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. Motion carried.
RLK-Kuusisto Project Status Report
- A letter was sent to Wagner Construction on January 11, 2005 regarding the problem with the well at James Mohr’s property. There is no response to date.
- No response has been received to the request sent to Rice Lake Construction Group for quotes for additional work at the treatment facility.
- Glenn Patrick of GAP Engineering is looking into another heater for the treatment facility.
- A letter was sent to Wagner Construction regarding pump station failures.
- Eastern Service Area summary was sent to Gary Cerkvenik.
- A motion was made by D. Congdon, supported by R. Scott to approve Change Order Nos. 5 & 6 and to extend the final completion date to 6/15/05. Motion carried.
- There was discussion on pump failures. M. White stated we need an answer from RLK from Wagner in a timely fashion as to what will be done to take care of pump failures due to improper installation and resulting in sand in the tanks prior to home owners returning to town. Wagner needs to identify steps for inspection. NTS & RLK will start Wagner in the right direction.
- Mike White asked about the plat being recorded. Can Jim give the date the plat was discussed and when the plat will be filed? We do not want it to interfere with the loan closing.
NTS Project Status Report
- S. McKie had a pump failure, a new pump was installed, possibly a blockage in pipe. Wagner will be taking care of the situation.
- Mike Appelwick stated the plant is operating well and is meeting or exceeding standards.
- Mike Appelwick will provide a report on flow meters.
- Mike is waiting for Scott Harder and then Deena Congdon and Mike White will meet with Jennifer at Glorvigan’s Accounting Office.
Eastern Service Area Plan Update/Capacity Allocation Plan
- MPCA needs facility plans and then CLWSD will be placed on a list and ranked. The funding agencies will be looking at the list and the rank.
- Gary Cerkvenik has the preliminary numbers and summary of preliminary report.
- Capacity Portion of the plant – Mike reminded the Board and public of the memo he distributed. Mike will speak to Mary Francis about reserving EDU’s.
- Brief conversation on the Town’s plans for zoning.
- Mike White had spoken with Roger Clapp. A policy needs to be developed for anyone who is handicapped and wishes to attend the meetings. Mike has notes on the policies. Scott Harder is working on developing policies.
- Non Discrimination Policy – Mike White will work with Jo Ann.
OTHER BUSINESS – None
Paul Hamblin would like to go on record that he thanks Quality flow, Jim Pohlman, NTS and anyone else who worked on his pump and made it work under adverse conditions. He was happy with the work they performed.
Paul Hamblin also had questions on the flow he is metering in his house with his water conditioner and the flow at the pump station. NTS is monitoring the situation.
There being no other business the meeting was adjourned at 9:15PM
Deena Congdon, Acting Secretary
NEXT MEETING: MARCH 2, 2005, AT THE CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL AT 7:30 P.M.