CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS REGULAR MEETING
February 18, 2004 – 7:30 P.M.
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Michael White at 7:30 P.M.
Members present: Managers Darrell Scott, Rob Scott and Michael White
Members Absent: Managers Bud Bystrom, Deena Congdon and Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman
Also present: Jim Pucel of RLK Kuusisto, a reporter from the Cook News Herald, a reporter from the Voyageur Sentinel and one member of the community.
Motion by D. Scott, supported by R. Scott to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of February 4, 2004. Motion carried.
- There was no correspondence presented to the Board.
RLK-Kuusisto Project Status Report
- Chair M. White advised the Board that Manager Rob Scott has accepted responsibility for ordinances and the 2004 Construction Schedules.
Jim Pucel reported on the following items:
- Remaining requirements related to recording the plat.
- Biosolids disposal being worked on by Mike Appelwick of NTS.
- Generator storage requirements being arranged with Mark Anderson of Anderson Outfitters.
- Engineering agreement Amendment #2 was presented to the Board for review. It was agreed further data was needed; including the original agreement, Amendment #1 changes, Amendment #2 changes and the proposed agreement. Also required is a forecast of available funds.
- An initial framework for monitoring and tracking service connections, installation process, and operational issues were also presented to the Board.
Eastern Service Area
- Jim Pucel reported the Engineering Plan would be submitted to the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency by March 1st with the Project Priority List to be issued by May 3rd.
- Mike White reported that D. Congdon advised the Chart of Accounts is in process and a listing of audit requirements was received from the Accountants.
- The Cook News-Herald submitted their bid at the meeting. The bids will be distributed to the Board prior to the first meeting in March.
Northeast Technical Services
- M. White reported the proposed contract is being reviewed by the Board’s attorney. Motion by R. Scott, seconded by D. Scott that the Board’s attorney will be asked to advise whether the contract is for professional or contract service.
Legislative Commission on Minnesota Resources
- The Eastern Service Area Holding Tank Project funding request will be submitted prior to the February 20, 2004 deadline.
Chapel Use Agreement/911 Sign
- Both items were tabled until the next meeting.
There being no other business or public comments the meeting was adjourned at 8:35 P.M.
NEXT MEETING: MARCH 3, 2004 AT CRANE LAKE FELLOWSHIP HALL AT 7:30 P.M.