CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
February 2, 2011 – 7:30 P.M.
CRANE LAKE FIRE HALL
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Rob Scott at 7:35P.M.
Members present: Managers Bill Congdon, Darrell Scott and Rob Scott.
Members absent: Dave Adams and Mark Anderson
Also present: Sewer Operator Terry Jackson and Anne Jackson, Sewer Maintenance Worker Jim Pohlman, Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman and one member of the community.
Minutes: A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by R. Scott, to approve the minutes of the Board of Managers’ Regular Meeting of January 5, 2011. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Correspondence: The correspondence list was reviewed by the Board. A motion was made by D. Scott, supported by R. Scott, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer/Accountant Report: Clerk/Treasurer J. Pohlman reviewed the Treasurer’s Report. January 2011 payroll expenses were as follows: Administrative – $776.49 and Operations – $1,566.50. $2,000.00 was transferred from the Base/Volume Operating Fund to Capital Reserve Savings on January 14, 2011. $11,787.97 was transferred from Capital Reserve Savings to the Operating Reserve Fund on January 31, 2011 to pay for the re-circulating pump. The December 2010 financial statements, presented to the Board, and current balances were reviewed. A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by D. Scott, to approve the Treasurer’s report as presented and the payment of January 2011 bills as follows: Administrative: Quill – $55.53. Operations: Lake Country Power – $1,223.05, $78.56, $46.14 & $73.53; Hawkins – $1,159.32; NTS – $138.25; Dept. of Employment & Economic Dev. – $258.81 and Terry’s Operational Services – $19.60 & $1,207.20. Operating Reserve: Electric Pump – $11,787.97. All voted in favor and the motion carried. The Board did not approve payment of $658.16 to the Department of Employment, or $4,477.43 to St. Louis County-Public Works Dept. Payment will be made to U.S.A., Inc. for $104,422.48 & $33,550.48 and to S.E.H., Inc. for $7,770.00 & $11,655.00 upon receipt of funding as approved at the January 5th meeting. A request was made by the Clerk/Treasurer for an expenditure of approximately $400 for a computer files backup system, a battery backup for power surges and a phone. The Board agreed with the understanding that the Township would share in the cost.
Rate Schedule Report: Rates will be reviewed again at the March meeting.
Fund Transfers: No transfers from the Operating Fund to S.A.R Savings and C.R. Savings were approved at this time.
- Insurance Claim: Payroll expenditures related to the insurance claim will be submitted to Allied Adjusters for consideration. The claim has not been closed at this time.
- T. Jackson Contract Renewal: The contract will be adjusted by Fryberger Buchanan before final approval.
- Mediation: There was no update.
- Hearing: A telephone hearing was held on January 26th with Bill Congdon, Terrie Hoff, Lance Ulen and Unemployment Law Judge Katherine Karsh regarding an unemployment issue. The decision was that unemployment benefits would be charged to the District for the base period in question.
- Special Assessment Charges: A request was made to the District to alleviate the assessment, penalty and interest on a particular parcel within the District. The District attorney has advised that the District has done what it can under Minnesota statutes. If the dollar amounts were figured incorrectly, the District could make adjustments. The District will review the issue further.
- The VNP Clean Waters Joint Powers Board monthly meeting was held on January 13, 2011. Payment of funding was approved for the extension work on the CLWSD system and should be received within two weeks.
CLWSD Meeting Minutes – February 2, 2011
Randy Jenniges of S.E.H., Inc. called to participate in the meeting at approximately 8PM.
Collection System Expansion
- JPB Additional Funds: Funding to pay the current expansion bills was approved by the JPB at their January meeting. A Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) form was forwarded to the Board for signature and return approving the $150,000 draw.
S.E.H. ESA Proposal
- S.E.H. provided a draft Agreement for Professional Services for the 2011 Feasibility Study for Increased Management Services. The Board discussed the scope of services, schedule and payment. The Board also reviewed Schedule A of the Agreement depicting the service areas. The Board agreed to provide more detailed information to S.E.H. for Schedule A. A motion was made by B. Congdon, supported by D. Scott, to approve signature of the Agreement estimated to be $10,000.00 including expenses and equipment. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Collection System O & M
- Freezing Corrective Action Status: There was no report.
- I&I Corrective Action Status: More infiltration work will be done when the District feels the repairs to date are working and as funds permit.
Treatment Plant and Operations Report
- T. Jackson reported that all state and federal limitations were not maintained during January. The MPCA was notified and measures have been taken to resolve the problem.
- Recirculation Pump: The pump is working well and alternating with the redundant pump.
- Additional Maintenance Personnel: The District is considering additional maintenance personnel.
PUBLIC COMMENT (5 Minute Limit): There was none.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:00PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: MARCH 2, 2011, 7:30PM, CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.