CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS REGULAR MEETING
February 5, 2003 – 7:30 PM
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL
Study Session: 7:00 – 7:30PM
Jim Pucel asked the Board for comments or changes on the Preliminary Engineering Report for the Eastern Service Area distributed to the Board at the last meeting. Mike suggested that Jim set a priority list for each area after contacting the MPCA, Rural Development and the Health Department for their recommendations. Jim made two minor corrections in the report.
Rural Development items of importance for a subsequent Rural Development loan were discussed. The engineers will draft a letter with working figures to be sent to Roger Clapp of RD.
The meeting was called to order by Vice-Chairman Darrell Scott at 7:30PM.
Members present: Managers Darrell Scott, Mike White, and Jim Sanborn.
Members absent: Deena Congdon.
Also present: Jim Pucel of RLK-Kuusisto Ltd., Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman, a reporter from the Cook News-Herald, a reporter from the Voyageur Sentinel and four members of the community.
Motion by J. Sanborn, supported by M. White to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting of January 8, 2003. Motion carried.
Motion by J. Sanborn, supported by D. Scott to approve the January Treasurer’s Report and payment of bills as follows: V.T.S.I – $476.97 and Cook News Herald – $63.14. Motion carried.
- The correspondence was presented to the Board.
- A motion was made by M. White, supported by J. Sanborn authorizing M. White to sign the engagement letter sent by Sterle & Co, Ltd for completion of the year-end financial statements; and authorizing D. Scott & M. White to sign the Corporate Resolution document sent by Border State Bank. Motion carried.
RLK-Kuusisto Progress Report
- Published the Advertisement for Bids on January 23, 2003.
- Spoke to Roland Hamborg from the USACE regarding the re-definition of the functional project.
- Spoke with St. Louis County regarding the status of the permit for installation of utilities on County Right-of-Way. All is in order.
- Resolved issues with Mr. Blazevic regarding his service line.
- Met with Oliver Eggen regarding easement on property near Berling residence.
- Updated Roger Clapp of Rural Development on the status of the project and the upcoming Bid Opening date.
- Spoke to Alicia Cope regarding easement issues.
RLK-Kuusisto Progress Report (Cont.)
- Updated Bill Priebe of the MPCA on the status of the project.
- John Jamnick & Jim Pucel will review ordinance questions and discuss with Mary Frances Skala of Fryberger et al and give their recommendations to the Board.
Easements Status Report
- Work continues on the easement issues remaining to be resolved.
- The Town of Crane Lake is conferring with their attorney about signature of the consent form for the Right-of-Ways in question. The Town attorney will speak to CLWSD attorney, Alicia Cope regarding the ownership of those Right-of-Ways.
Eastern Service Area Plan – Addendum
- The engineers have decided that the addendum is not needed.
- Please refer to Study Session above.
- The copy request issue was tabled.
Ordinance Plan & Rate Schedule
- Please refer to RLK-Kuusisto Report, Item 9.
- A decision will be made at the next meeting to satisfy Rural Development requirements.
Financial Statements – Year End 2002
- A letter was received from Sterle & Co requesting signature and return of an engagement letter and listing information needed to complete end of year work.
- The engagement letter will be signed by M. White and mailed – See Correspondence above.
Vacancy/Board of Managers
- St. Louis County is still reviewing the matter. The responsibility may be transferred to the Town.
- The vacancy will be filled when this issue is resolved.
Board 2003 Officer Elections
- The election of officers will occur when there is a full Board of Managers.
Board Designates – Accountant, Attorney, Bank & Newspaper
- The Board designates will remain the same until there is a full Board of Managers.
Rent to Church
- M. White requested that the Clerk review when the Board began meeting at the Crane Lake Chapel Fellowship Hall.
- The Board plans to pay the Church $1 per meeting from that time forward.
Special Meeting for Bid Opening
- The Bid Opening will be at 2PM on February 26, 2003 at the Crane Lake Chapel Fellowship Hall. This will not be a meeting. (PLEASE SEE NOTE AT END OF MINUTES)
- A Special Meeting has been scheduled for the evening of February 26, 2003 at 7:30PM at the Crane Lake Chapel Fellowship Hall for the Review & Award of Bid and other related issues. (PLEASE SEE NOTE AT END OF MINUTES)
M. White suggested that the Clerk research the cost of Call Wave or an additional phone line.
The next regular meeting will be a Regular Board Meeting on March 5, 2003 at 7:30PM at the Crane Lake Chapel Fellowship Hall with a Study Session beginning at 7:00PM prior to the meeting.
PUBLIC COMMENT – None
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:05PM.
NOTE: THE SPECIAL MEETING OF 2/26/03 WILL BE HELD AT 2PM RATHER THAN 7:30PM AT THE CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL.