CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS REGULAR MEETING
July 2, 2003 – 7:30 PM
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL
Study Session: 7:00 – 7:30PM
Jim Pucel reviewed the Project Status Report. RLK has received and reviewed information on grinder pumps. After the manufacturer provides documentation on the history of grinder pumps in cold environments RLK should be able to present their findings to the Board.
Stu Dye reviewed the anticipated construction plan for the upcoming week. The Project Schedule is posted at the Post Office and will be there each week following the construction meeting.
Treatment Plant construction should begin on July16, 2003.
Setting an ending date for changes or additions to individual easements was discussed.
The meeting was called to order by Vice-Chairman Darrell Scott at 7:30PM.
Members present: Managers Darrell Scott, Mike White, Jim Sanborn, and Deena Congdon.
Members absent: None
Also present: John Jamnick, Jim Pucel and Stu Dye of RLK-Kuusisto Ltd., Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman, a reporter from the Voyageur Sentinel and 10 members of the community.
Motion by D. Congdon, supported by M. White to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting of June 18,2003. Motion carried.
Treasurer M. White stated that it was time to prepare a forecast for 2003 to establish the budget and levy for 2004. A motion was made by D. Congdon, supported by J. Sanborn to approve the June Treasurer’s Report and the payment of the following administrative bills: Quill – $85.18 and VTSI – $1,169.55. Environmental Financial Group – $7,511.18 and Fryberger, Buchanan et at – $8, 522.32 will be paid at a later date when more funds are available. Motion carried.
A motion was made by D. Congdon, supported by J. Sanborn to approve the reimbursement payment request #2 of $288,862.16. Motion carried.
- The correspondence was presented to the Board.
- A motion was made by M. White, supported by D. Congdon that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. Motion carried.
- Stahnke Easement – Mr. Oliver Eggen does not want to sign the easement if there will be an assessment.
- A letter will be written to Alica Cope of Cope & Peterson saying the Stahnke easement to the Berling/Fish property will be put on hold because that property is not currently included in the project. It is an add alternate to the project. The easement is not an issue at this time.
- A copy of that letter will be sent to Mr. O. Eggen.
Easements/Right-of-Way Issues (Cont.)
- D. Congdon will communicate with the Kaufman’s, O’Connell’s and Jean Bowser regarding new easements for their properties as the road is partly on their property.
- A cut-off date and fee structure for easement changes after the cut-off date were discussed. Approximate fees would be $50 for attorney fees and $25 to $45 for filing fees. Bank fees and new survey fees after plat filing would vary.
- A motion was made by M. White, supported by J. Sanborn that a schedule of potential fees be posted by Friday, July 8th. Written requests for changes should be given to the Board before that date. After that date a form will be provided to document changes. Motion carried.
M. White had hoped to have a Newsletter to the public by July 4. He will try to have a letter out soon.
The next Board of Managers Regular Meeting will be on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 at 7:30PM at the Crane Lake Chapel Fellowship Hall with a Study Session at 7:00PM.
Ben Siegley asked questions for his son, Mike, who was unable to attend the meeting. He referred to the Public Comments portion of the 5/21/03 meeting where Mike asked if the $80,000 amendment to the Engineering Agreement was an added cost to the project. The response was that that figure was included in the 3.2 million dollar figure. He also referred to a letter dated 3/31/03 from RLK-Kuusisto with the Amendment to the professional services agreement with a $105,000 fee for additional services. John Jamnick responded that both the $80,000 and the $105,000 figures are included in the 3.2 million dollar figure. There was one $80,000 amendment.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:00PM.