CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS SPECIAL MEETING
July 24, 2002 – 7:30 PM
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL
Study Session – 6:30 – 7:30PM
There was discussion on the remaining unsigned easements.
The meeting was called to order by Chairman David Dill at 7:35PM.
Members present: Managers Jim Sanborn, Darrell Scott, Mike White, and David Dill. Members absent: Deena Congdon.
Also present: Jim Pucel of RLK-Kuusisto Ltd., Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman, a reporter from the Cook News Herald and 3 members of the community.
- The correspondence was presented to the Board.
RLK-Kuusisto Progress Report
· Completion of the Plans and Specifications is on schedule for the end of July.
- Bill Priebe of the MPCA will perform his review of the project in August.
- Roger Clapp, RD may have their review done in two weeks.
- Met with the USFS on the site for the access road to the treatment facility. Soil borings began on July 24 and should be completed on July 25.
- Becky Sabie from the Minnesota Public Facilities Authority has been updated on the project status.
- The NTS meeting regarding plant automation has been rescheduled for July 30, 2002.
- Easement status was reviewed.
- A target date and location for the bid opening was discussed. There will be a special meeting to award the bid.
- The easement status was discussed at great length.
- Cope & Peterson will be asked to provide a list of the unsigned easements in addition to the regular report. The report should be reissued before the next Board meeting.
- D. Dill will contact property owners with unsigned easements with resolution of property owner signatures by August 1, 2002.
- D. Dill said an ordinance is not required for mandatory hook-up of WSA property owners.
Budget – Plant Automation
- RLK – Kuusisto will meet with Mike Applewick from NTS on July 30 to discuss plant automation.
Rate Schedule Plan & Ordinance
- M. White was not prepared to report on the rate schedule and ordinance.
- The funding transfer from project funds to administrative funds will take place after the receipt of project funding from Rural Development.
- Interim financing will be available after the loan closing by Rural Development and the bid award.
A decision was made to not claim design credits with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
PUBLIC COMMENT – None
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:15PM