CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
March 2, 2005 – 7:30 P.M.
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Michael White at 7:40 P.M.
Members present: Managers Bud Bystrom, Deena Congdon, Rob Scott, and Michael White.
Members absent: Darrell Scott.
Also present: Jim Pucel of RLK-Kuusisto, Jim Pohlman of NTS, Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman, and a reporter from the Voyageur Sentinel. There were no members of the community present.
A motion was made by D. Congdon, supported by R. Scott, to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting of February 16, 2005. Motion carried.
M. White will prepare a Treasurer’s Report to be distributed to the Board next week. M. White presented the invoices on hand for payment approval. A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by B. Bystrom, to pay the following invoices on hand: Administrative: Gary Cerkvenik – $750.00 and Midwest Captions – $120.00. Plant Operations: Lake Country Power – $680.96 and $30.10, Hawkins – $159.61, and Quality Flow – $446.24. Gold Coast Project: Cope & Peterson – $43.75. Motion carried.
The correspondence was presented to the Board. A motion was made by B. Bystrom, supported by R. Scott, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. Motion carried.
RLK-Kuusisto Project Status Report
- Bid Request Status – Since the release of the retainage, the Contractor is putting together a bid request. Mike Appelwick of NTS is working on the flow meter quote. RLK will present the two bids to the Board together.
- Grinder Station Failures – Grinder station failure issues have been resolved at the Adams, Hamblin, and Seigley properties. Wagner will need to dig up the line to the Stuart McKie property to check for blockage. R. Scott stated his concern regarding future pump failures and the need for a contingency plan. M. White agreed that the Board’s number one priority is providing service to the property owners. A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by D. Congdon, to write a letter to NTS authorizing them to put together a plan to ensure continuous operation of grinder stations. Motion carried.
- Recording of Plat – J. Pucel has been trying to set the date and should have an estimated final date soon.
NTS Project Status Report
- Jim Pohlman reported that he had been communicating with Wagner regarding the Stuart McKie property.
- M. White requested that Jim remind Mike Appelwick about the flow meter quote.
- Correspondence has been received from Paul Hamblin and Michael Seigley regarding their billing. M. White will respond to both with the advice of Mike Appelwick.
- M. White has not heard from Scott Harder regarding a financial reporting procedure. He will continue to try to contact Mr. Harder.
Eastern Service Area Plan Update/Capacity Allocation Plan
- RLK will have a summary and recommendations to the Board before the next meeting. M. White requested that the Board receive the information in time for the Board to review it before the meeting.
- J. Pucel stated that the CLWSD is on the Project Priority List (PPL) but we need to reapply by May 6 to receive more points to raise our ranking on the list. We are currently ranked at 187 and must be in the 30 –50 range to qualify. With enough points the ESA Plan would be placed on the Intended Use Plan, which would qualify the project for grants and loans. The updated Facility Plan will also be used by Gary Cerkvenik to research other grant/loan options.
- M. White will respond to the e-mail just received from Mr. Brett Ballavance of the MPCA regarding sanitary sewer extension permits.
- Accessibility – Scott Harder will develop a proposed policy for CLWSD Board approval.
- Non Discrimination Policy – Mike White and Jo Ann will work on this with a possible mailing to be included with the billing.
- A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by B. Bystrom, to absorb the cost of requested easement changes as recommended by Scott Harder of EFG. The vote was as follows: B. Bystrom – yes, R. Scott – yes, and M. White – yes. D. Congdon – abstained. Motion carried.
The Wastewater Treatment Facility and Collection System dedication will be on Wednesday, June 1, 2005 at 1PM at the treatment facility.
R. Scott asked when RLK was expecting to receive information from Wagner about inspecting all of the pumps. J. Pucel said they have not received a response yet and that he would continue to contact Wagner.
PUBLIC COMMENT – None
There being no other business the meeting was adjourned at 9:00PM
J. Pohman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: MARCH 16, 2005, AT THE CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL AT 7:30 P.M.