CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS SPECIAL MEETING
March 20, 2002 – 6:30 PM
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL
Study Session – 6:30 – 7:30PM
The meeting was called to order by Chairman David Dill at 7:30PM.
Members present: Managers Jim Sanborn, Darrell Scott, Mike White, and David Dill. Members absent: Deena Congdon.
Also present: John Jamnick and Jim Pucel of RLK-Kuusisto Ltd., Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman and 1 member of the community.
- The correspondence was presented to the Board.
- Preliminary loan documents were received from Border State Bank of International Falls. The original loan documents in the amount of $100,000 will be sent to the District by mail to be signed by D. Dill and M. White and returned to the bank.
- Ruth Hubbard of Minnesota Rural Water Finance Corp. is prepared with the interim financing.
- A letter is required from Mary Francis Scala, our Bond Counsel, of Fryberger, Buchanan et al confirming the Board’s authority to borrow.
Easement Status Report
- The number one priority is to establish all of the public right-of-way easements for the main supply and discharge pipes.
- There was discussion on whether or not an Easement Plat can be used rather than individual property easements.
- John Jamnick will look into this option.
- John Jamnick will communicate with Ian Stewart, Minnesota Historical Society regarding the easement for the discharge pipe and relay that information to D. Dill.
- Potlach Corp. should be contacted to inform them that we are interested in buying the property that we have the option on. The option is good until August 1, 2002. This will be handled by D. Dill through Alicia Cope of Cope & Peterson.
- D. Dill will finalize the right-of-way permit with the Forest Service.
2001 Financial Report
- The financial information is on Jeff Sterle’s desk.
- M. White suggested that the Board should look at possible accounting systems for the District.
- M. White will check with other districts to see what they use. He will also explore contracting-out possibilities.
- John Jamnick provided M. White with a more detailed budget.
Tourism Bureau Resolution
- A letter was sent to the Crane Lake Visitor and Tourism Bureau advising them that the Board is not prepared to assume responsibilities for other community infrastructure needs at this time; but that they were invited to pursue the improvements suggested in their resolution of March 4, 2002.
D. Dill requested that the Board Members and Engineers review the ordinance for discussion at the next Board meeting.
The next Board meeting will be April 3, 2002 at 7:30PM at the Crane Lake Chapel with a Study Session from 6:30 to 7:30PM prior to the meeting.
PUBLIC COMMENTS – None
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8.20PM.