Crane Lake, Minnesota Water & Sanitary District  
Crane Lake, Minnesota Water & Sanitary District - Menu

CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)

BOARD OF MANAGERS REGULAR MEETING

May 1, 2002 – 7:30 PM

CRANE LAKE CHAPEL

 

 

Study Session:  6:30 – 7:40PM

 

John Jamnick reviewed the Project Status Report with the Board.  Mainline easement descriptions have been prepared and sent to Alicia Cope with the exception of two.   The engineers will soon have the design for the mainline to the Board.

 

Bill Priebe from the MPCA was sent a draft NPDES Application for review.  The Right-of-Way map was sent to Alicia Cope.  More comments have been received from landowners.  These comments were given to Clerk J. Pohlman for the files and further action.

 

There was discussion on easements and possible future expansion plans by property owners.

 

It was determined that property owners with building plans must have a building permit to receive service and a cut-off date for property owners to notify the Board of their plans must be set by the Board.  That date is yet to be determined.

 

D. Dill stated that the Minnesota Historical Society easement is in process for the discharge pipe.

 

The USFS is now considering a fee for crossing their land with the sewer pipe.

 

The abstract for the Potlatch property is being brought up-to-date.  D. Dill will check on this.

 

 

Regular Meeting

 

The meeting was called to order by Chairman David Dill at 7:40PM.

 

Members present:  Managers Jim Sanborn, Darrell Scott, Mike White, Deena Congdon and Darrell Scott.

 

Also present:  John Jamnick and Jim Pucel of RLK-Kuusisto Ltd., Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman, and one member of the community.

 

BUSINESS:

 

RLK-Kuusisto Progress Report

  • See above – First two paragraphs
  • D. Dill talked to the Department of Health regarding the evaluation of septic systems for land that is being transferred to a new owner before the completion of the sewer project.  The Department of Health will work with the Board on each case individually.  If there is an immediate public health concern, a holding tank will be needed before the deed is transferred.
  • The question of existing outhouses on properties arose.  This will need to be addressed in the ordinance; but the current feeling is that they can stay.
  • M. White asked the engineers what the Board could do to assist them.  J. Jamnick responded that the ordinance was important.

 

Funding – U.S. Army Corps of Engineers

  • D. Dill will address the necessary paper work.
  • Motion by D. Congdon, supported by M. White for D. Dill to compose and sign the resolution required by the Corps.  Motion carried unanimously.
  • D. Dill will send the paperwork to Clerk J. Pohlman to complete and send to Terry Engel.

 

Funding – Rural Development Schedule

  • Final requirements for the funding approval process are now being completed.

 

 

Easements-Permits-Land Acquisition

  • See above Study Session minutes

 

 

Motion by J. Sanborn, supported by D. Scott to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting of April 3 and the Special Meeting of April 17, 2002.  Motion carried unanimously.

 

Motion by D. Congdon, supported by D. Scott to approve the April Treasurer’s Report and the payment of administrative bills as follows:  Frontier – $45.17, Quill Corp. – $19.20, J. Pohlman – $237.50, and Sterle & Co. – $315.00.  Motion carried unanimously.

 

Correspondence

  • The correspondence was presented to the Board as received during the month.

 

Budget – Plant Automation & Project Cost – Automation

  • M. White questioned the engineers regarding the inclusion of costs to operate the plant with remote operation.
  • J. Jamnick stated that remote operation does not eliminate a hands-on-operator.
  • M. White requested a cost break down to prepare the plant for remote operation.
  • J. Jamnick stated that there is an allowance in the budget for remote operation and will send a cost estimate to M. White.

 

Board Plan – Complete District
  • M. White requested a plan from the engineers on the approach to providing service to the rest of the District.
  • J. Jamnick will present a proposal for the balance of the District.

 

 

Other Business

 

The next meeting will be on May 22, 2002 at 7:30 PM at the Crane Lake Chapel with a study session beginning at 6:30PM prior to the meeting.

 

 

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8.40 PM.

 

 

 

J. Pohlman

Clerk

FINANCIALS MINUTES · NEWSLETTERS MAPS REGULATIONS BULLETIN BOARD FAQ CONTACT US HOME
Crane Lake Water & Sanitary District
P.O. Box 306 · Crane Lake, Minnesota 55725
© 2001 CLWSD