CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS SPECIAL MEETING
May 22, 2002 – 7:30 PM
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL
Study Session – 6:30 – 7:30PM
Discussion continued on easements.
Jim Pucel of RLK-Kuusisto will set up a meeting time with David Dill to discuss ways to handle questions that Jim is receiving regarding easements of property owners.
Jim Pucel was asked to provide cost estimates for inclusion in the sewer project of the Arthur Eggen and Berling properties.
The meeting was called to order by Vice-Chairman Darrell Scott at 7:40PM.
Members present: Managers Jim Sanborn, Darrell Scott, Mike White, and Deena Congdon. Members absent: David Dill.
Also present: Jim Pucel of RLK-Kuusisto Ltd., Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman, a reporter from the Cook News Herald and 3 members of the community.
- The correspondence was presented to the Board.
- A letter received from Connie Chaney of the USFS regarding requirements for easement was given to Jim Pucel for his review before approval by the Board.
- A letter received from the MPCA for Board signature was given to Jim Pucel for review.
RLK-Kuusisto Progress Report
- Meetings continue with landowners.
- The preliminary easement plat was delivered to Alicia Cope on May 15, 2002.
- Service line easement documents to landowners are now being mailed.
- Developed preliminary set of plans and specifications to be sent to MPCA, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Rural Development.
- Copy of the preliminary plans and specifications for the collection and the treatment system was given to the Board for review.
Easements – Permits – Land Acquisition
- The easement plat is nearly complete.
- Permits and land acquisition are being processed as stated above.
- M. White voiced his concern about the time line. There are a lot of processes in order but nothing is accomplished. Rural Development needs three months after receipt of the plans and specifications to get legal approval for funding. The Board needs an honest appraisal from the engineers of when construction will begin.
Budget – Plant Automation and Project Cost for Automation
- Kuusisto is working on this.
Board Plan – Eastern Service Area
- Kuusisto is also working on this.
- Motion by M. White, supported by D. Congdon to write a letter to St. Louis County asking how the vote for Crane Lake becoming a township would impact the Board. Letter to be written after the May 28, 2002 vote, if the vote favors a township. Motion passed unanimously.
Rate Schedule Plan
- Jim Pucel and David Dill will meet to discuss and form a basis for Board discussion related to the ordinance.
Motion by D. Congdon, supported by M. White that J. Pohlman becomes a notary. Motion passed unanimously.
The next meeting will be the Regular Board Meeting on June 5, 2002 at 7:30PM at the Crane Lake Chapel with a Study Session beginning at 6:30PM prior to the meeting.
Let’s get the system in.
The Board should try to secure the non-private property easements before asking individuals to sign easements to promote goodwill within the community. The Board responded that both needed to be pursued simultaneously to expedite the project.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8.00PM.