CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS REGULAR MEETING
October 2, 2002 – 7:30 PM
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL
Study Session: 7:00 – 7:30PM
Jim Pucel of RLK-Kuusisto reviewed the Project Status Report.
There was discussion on the easement status and the ordinance.
The meeting was called to order by Vice-Chairman Darrell Scott at 7:35PM.
Members present: Managers Darrell Scott, Mike White, and Deena Congdon. Members absent: David Dill and Jim Sanborn.
Also present: Jim Pucel of RLK-Kuusisto Ltd., Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman, a reporter from the Cook News-Herald and two members of the community.
Motion by D. Congdon, supported by Mike White to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting of September 4, the Special Meeting of September 18, and the Special meeting of September 23, 2002. Motion carried.
Motion by M. White, supported by D. Congdon to approve the September Treasurer’s Report and payment of administrative bills as follows: League of Minnesota Cities dues for $1,122.00 and Insurance at $1,898.00. The Clerk was requested to contact St. Louis County regarding the payment of Cope & Peterson attorney fees with CDBG funds. Motion carried.
- The correspondence was presented to the Board as received from September 18 through October 2, 2002.
RLK-Kuusisto Progress Report
- Advertisement for bids was published in the Cook News-Herald on September 26,2002 and in the construction bulletin on September 27, 2002.
- Established a bid opening date for the project of October 23, 2002 at 7:30PM.
- Discussed easement status with Alicia Cope and the Right-of-Way jurisdiction status.
- Updated Dick Beatty of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on the project schedule and project status.
- Requested cost estimates for the Berling-Fish, Eggen, and Anderson properties.
- Berling-Fish service is add alternate 1 in the plans and the Eggen service is add alternate 2 in the plans.
- The Anderson property will be considered after the bidding process.
Easements-Status Report – D. Congdon
- Motion by M. White, supported by D. Congdon to authorize payment of processing fees to mortgage companies for the five listed properties sent by Alicia Cope plus others that may arise up to $500 per property. Motion carried.
- Alicia Cope has Board approval to contact those property owners that have not responded.
- The Township has jurisdiction over public right-of-ways in Chase, Baylis Crane Lake Addition and Harding Manor, which will be crossed by the supply and discharge lines.
- M. White asked D. Congdon to contact Alicia Cope about proper procedure of notifying the Town of Crane Lake of the District’s use of the designated public right-of-ways in the Township.
Plant Automation – M. White
- M. White has received the draft proposal from Mike Applewick of Northeast Technical Services (NTS).
- Since the draft proposal includes only routine procedures and costs, M. White will contact Mike Applewick to further discuss non-routine and possible emergency costs.
- M. White will invite Mike Applewick to the October 23rd meeting to present the proposal to the Board.
Eastern Service Area Plan
- RLK-Kuusisto has spent recent time on completing the plan for the WSA and will be able to spend time on the ESA after the bidding process is completed.
Ordinance Plan/M.F. Skala List & Rate Schedule Plan
- Motion by Mike, supported by Denna to approve the resolution provided by Mary Francis Skala of Fryberger, et al calling for a public hearing on sanitary sewer improvement of 2002 and approving plans and specifications. Motion carried.
- Motion by Deena, supported by Mike to purchase mailing labels from St. Louis County for $90 to mail the notice of the public hearing to District property owners. Motion carried.
- The list of items that the Board should address in the ordinance from M.F. Skala was not ready for the October 2 meeting. She plans to get it to the Board soon.
- M. White will discuss the list with M.F. Skala to determine whether or not it is possible to process the ordinance and rate schedule one step at a time.
- It may be necessary for the District to hire an appraiser.
Manager D. Dill’s term will expire January 1, 2003.
The possibility of the Town minutes being placed on the CLWSD web site was discussed. No action was taken.
The next meeting will be a Special Board Meeting on October 23, 2002 at 7:30PM at the Crane Lake Chapel with a Study Session of the NTS proposal beginning at 7:00PM prior to the meeting and the Bid Opening following the meeting.
PUBLIC COMMENT – None
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:15 PM.