CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS’ REGULAR MEETING
October 5, 2011 – 7:30 P.M.
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Rob Scott at 7:30P.M.
Members present: Managers Mark Anderson, Bruce Beste, Darrell Scott and Rob Scott.
Members absent: Bill Congdon.
Also present: Sewer Maintenance Worker Jim Pohlman and Clerk/Treasurer Jo Ann Pohlman.
Minutes: A motion was made by B. Beste, supported by D. Scott, to approve the minutes of the Board of Managers’ Regular Meeting of September 20, 2011. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Correspondence: The correspondence list was reviewed by the Board. A motion was made by D. Scott, supported by M. Anderson, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. All voted in favor and the motion carried.
Treasurer/Accountant Report: Clerk/Treasurer J. Pohlman reviewed the Treasurer’s Report. September 2011 payroll expenses, including payroll taxes, were as follows: Administrative – $1,397.62 and Operations – $3,911.39. The 2010 Audit was completed by Glorvigen and adjustments to the District books will be made to reflect the audit. The August 2011 financial statements, presented to the Board, and current balances were reviewed. A motion was made by M. Anderson, supported by B. Beste, to approve the Treasurer’s report as presented and the payment of bills as follows: Administrative: Quill – $219.25. ESA: St. Louis County Auditor – $48.00. Operations: Lake Country Power – $338.29, $60.12, $24.05 & $24.05; Citi Lites – $50.00; Gopher State One Call – $5.80; Hawkins – $1,060.70; Pace Analytical – $280.00; Rutchasky Enterprises – $2,958.75; Seppi Brothers – $2,080.22; Teledyne – $146.84; USABlueBook – $91.88 and Terry’s Operational Services – $2,215.40. All voted in favor and the motion carried. The Board did not approve payment of $4,477.43 to St. Louis County-Public Works Dept. The Board did not approve payment to S.E.H. for $3,083.00.
Fund Transfers: No transfers from the Operating Fund to S.A.R Savings and C.R. Savings were approved at this time.
Rate Schedule: A raise in rates was discussed by the Board; the last raise was in 2006. Rate specialist Carl Brown has recommended a 7% increase. B. Beste agreed to research a rate increase.
Survey: Survey letters were sent to WSA and ESA customers with the September billing. A second request will be sent to those that did not respond with the October billing.
- Portage Maintenance Support Contract: Fryberger, Buchanan is currently reviewing the contract for the District.
- Lift Station Insurance Claim: Terry Jackson will be sending some additional claims to Allied Adjusters.
- Mediation: Judge Sullivan should be available in October or November for the Mediation process.
- VNP Clean Waters Project: R. Scott was unable to attend the September meeting at Ash River.
- IJC Watershed Task Force: There was nothing new to report.
Collection System O & M
- Freezing Corrective Action Status: There was no report.
- I&I Corrective Action Status: More infiltration work will be done when the District feels the repairs to date are working and as funds permit.
- Culvert Sewer Upgrade: Manholes were placed at either end of the north sidewalk crossing the culvert. The County has been notified that they can complete their work.
CLWSD Meeting Minutes – October 5, 2011
Treatment Plant and Operations Report
- Terry Jackson reported that all effluent limitations were met during the month of September.
- A floc formed on the surface of the primary clarifier. It will be removed by skimming and pumped to sludge storage. The floc is believed to be harmless.
- A sludge sample was sent to Pace Laboratories for analysis. A-1 was contacted to prepare for sludge disposal in October.
- A check valve was purchased for replacement on the discharge of recirculation pump number one.
- The damaged pump rail in the grinder at DSR Lakeside was replaced.
- A complete site survey of the residential lift stations will be completed by the end of the month.
- T. Jackson will look into the two pumps that were to be provided on the construction project. He is aware of only one.
- J. Pohlman reported that he would be able to return to work next week within limitations described by doctors.
- Randy Jenniges of S.E.H. was telephoned to participate in this portion of the meeting.
- CSAH 24 Project Status: USA feels the punch list is completed. S.E.H. believes the driveway ditch grading is not completed. USA requested payment for additional class 5 needed for driveways. S.E.H. does not support this request.
- Final Payment: Discussions with USA are ongoing to agree on the final payment amount.
- Easements: The easements were rejected by the County. Corrections will be made and the easements will be resubmitted.
PUBLIC COMMENT (5 Minute Limit): There was none.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30PM
Jo Ann Pohlman, Clerk
NEXT MEETING: NOVEMBER 2, 2011, 7:30PM, CRANE LAKE FELLOWSHIP HALL
This draft of the CLWSD minutes has been posted solely for preliminary informational purposes. Minutes are unofficial and subject to change until they have been approved by the CLWSD Board of Managers.