CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS REGULAR MEETING
September 15, 2004 – 7:30 P.M.
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Michael White at 7:35 P.M.
Members present: Managers Darrell Scott, Rob Scott and Michael White.
Members Absent: Bud Bystrom, Deena Congdon.
Also present: Jim Pucel of RLK Kuusisto, Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman, a reporter from the Timberjay, and 4 members of the community.
Motion by D. Scott, supported by R. Scott, to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting of September 1, 2004. Motion carried.
The correspondence was presented to the Board. A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by D. Scott, that the correspondence be placed on file and acted upon as required. Motion carried.
RLK-Kuusisto Project Status Report
- Corrective measures are being coordinated with Sandra Beck of the MDH. Two pump stations have been moved to date. Sandra Beck will be here next week.
- Stipulation agreement letters will be sent to affected property owners. Some property owners have verbally agreed to sign the agreement with the MDH.
- Mr. McDonald had requested to keep his septic tank intact for other uses. The Board agreed that this was not an option.
- There was discussion about properties that had completed the hook-up work but not the abandonments. Confirmation of abandonments will be reviewed by the Board.
- Easement work and recording of the plat will be completed after MDH work is done.
- Change Order #3 for the Treatment System was rejected by Rural Development as written. The Change Order was rewritten removing the time extension request by Rice Lake. The time request will need further documentation. The revised Change Order will be signed and does not require further Board action.
- Change Order #2 for the Collection System was rejected by Rural Development as written. $1,765 for additional staking was denied. The Change Order was rewritten, omitting the amount for additional staking, and will be signed by the Board. No further Board action is required.
- Mike Appelwick of NTS has requested floor flood alarms for the plant in the amount of $5,964 to interface with the existing dialer to notify NTS of building flooding. The Board will consider after receiving more justification.
- There is a need to make a change in the electronic valves at the plant at the additional cost of $568. The Board will consider after receiving more justification.
- The Project Completion Forecast will be provided at the next meeting.
NTS – Operating Agreement
- Meter reading will require further discussion.
- Insurance – Flooding could be an issue if valves break. J. Pucel will provide building size and value information to the Board for the insurance company.
- Mike Appelwick has done calculations on extra strength waste of houseboats. He will send written documentation of his findings to RLK to be forwarded to the Board.
Rate Ordinance Status
- Mary Frances Skala of Fryberger, et al has been away on business. M. White will review the rate ordinance status with here upon her return.
- A motion was made by D. Scott, supported by R. Scott to extend the Minnesota Rural Water Financial Authority loan to September 1, 2005. Motion carried.
- Two resolutions were prepared by Mary Frances Skala of Fryberger and forwarded to the Board for adoption in preparation for the loan closing. A motion was made by R. Scott, supported by D. Scott to adopt Resolution No. 090401 providing for the issuance, sale and delivery of a $390,000 general obligation sewer revenue bond and Resolution No. 090402 providing for the issuance, sale, and delivery of a $1,000,000 general obligation sewer revenue bond. Motion carried.
- M. White said we need to look at the WSA use of the plant before we further consider holding tanks and transporting waste from the ESA to the plant. There is expansion potential of WSA properties. The Board should make assumptions through a five-year plan.
- R. Scott stated that the ESA needs are here now and the potential WSA properties should be considered as secondary at this time.
- M. White is currently looking for a forecast proposal for the ESA to present to the Board.
- The Board requested an estimate of plant expansion expense from RLK.
M. White spoke with Manager D. Congdon regarding the financial statements. D. Congdon will check with the accounting firm.
A letter was received from John Hutt requesting a time extension for completing the electrical portion of his hook-up to the system. The Board felt they would need more information from Mr. Hutt and asked that the Clerk write a letter requesting that Mr. Hutt advise the Board of his needs when he knows more.
R. Scott stressed the point that the value assigned to houseboat EDU’s must be fair and compare favorably to EDU’s established for the rest of the WSA.
Virginia Clifford asked how laundry from houseboats would affect the EDU assignment to houseboats.
There being no other business the meeting was adjourned at 8:45P.M.
NEXT MEETING: OCTOBER 6, 2004, AT THE CRANE LAKE CHAPEL FELLOWSHIP HALL AT 7:30 P.M.