CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS SPECIAL MEETING
September 18, 2002 – 7:30 PM
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL
Study Session – 7:00 – 7:30PM
Jim Pucel, RLK-Kuusisto reviewed the project status. The Board looked at the plans for the treatment facility.
The meeting was called to order by Vice-Chairman Darrell Scott at 7:30PM.
Members present: Managers Jim Sanborn, Darrell Scott, Deena Congdon, and Mike White.
Members absent: David Dill.
Also present: Jim Pucel of RLK-Kuusisto Ltd., Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman, a reporter from the Cook News Herald and 3 members of the community.
- The correspondence was presented to the Board.
RLK-Kuusisto Progress Report
- A rough draft NPDES Permit was received from the MPCA. They are working with the MPCA to complete the final design of the wastewater treatment facility.
- They are working with Northland Engineering and Gapp Engineering to complete the structural and electrical engineering for the wastewater treatment facility.
- Work on the report for the Eastern Service Area continues with an anticipated draft by the October 2 meeting.
- Discussed easement status with Alicia Cope.
Easements Status Report
- D. Congdon provided a report of the easement status and copies of letters sent to property owners by Cope & Peterson. This followed the D. Congdon and M. White meeting with Alicia Cope and Dan Maddy of Fryberger et al.
Rate Schedule & Ordinance Plan Meeting
- A study session meeting is scheduled for Monday, September 23 at 6:00PM at the Crane Lake Chapel with Mary Francis Skala of Fryberger, et al to review rate and ordinance options. RLK-Kuusisto will be represented at this meeting.
- A Public Meeting may be scheduled later to address the rate and ordinance issues.
Eastern Service Area Plan
- The engineers anticipate having a draft plan with cost estimates and a preliminary design in two weeks.
The next Board of Managers Regular Meeting will be on October 2, 2002 at 7:30PM at the Crane Lake Chapel with a study session before the meeting beginning 7:00PM.
Bob Bowers asked where the meetings are posted. The response: At the Church, the Fire Hall and the Post Office plus various places of business when open.
There being no further business the 13 minute meeting was adjourned at 7:43PM.