CRANE LAKE WATER & SANITARY DISTRICT (CLWSD)
BOARD OF MANAGERS REGULAR MEETING
September 4, 2002 – 7:30 PM
CRANE LAKE CHAPEL
Study Session: 6:30 – 7:30PM
Jim Pucel of RLK-Kuusisto reviewed the Project Status Report.
There was discussion on remote operation of the treatment plant, easements and RLK-Kuusisto’s Pay Request #1.
The meeting was called to order by Vice-Chairman Darrell Scott at 7:30PM.
Members present: Managers Jim Sanborn, Darrell Scott, Mike White, and Deena Congdon. Members absent: David Dill.
Also present: Jim Pucel of RLK-Kuusisto Ltd., Clerk Jo Ann Pohlman, and six members of the community.
Motion by D. Congdon, supported by Mike White to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting of August 7 and the Special Meeting of August 21, 2002. Motion carried.
Motion by D. Congdon, supported by J. Sanborn to approve the August Treasurer’s Report and payment of administrative bills as follows: Crane Lake Township Loan – $6,000 and Midwest Captions – $170. Motion carried.
- The correspondence was presented to the Board as received from August 22 through September 4, 2002.
RLK-Kuusisto Progress Report
· Did not receive the draft permit from the MPCA. Did receive a letter from Bill Priebe of the MPCA requesting final design documents and a list of items to clarify before the draft permit will be issued.
- Had planned to advertise for bids last week; hope to advertise within the next couple of weeks with the MPCA approval. Advertising will be in the Cook News-Herald and the Construction Bulletin.
- Met with Mike Appelwick from Northeast Technical Services on August 29 regarding remote monitoring and automation of the wastewater treatment plant. He will complete his proposal after RLK-Kuusisto receives the draft permit from the MPCA.
- Roger Clapp of Rural Development has been updated on the status of the project.
- M. White referred to Alicia Copes letter of 7/10/02 asking how to proceed and his memo of easement recommendation sent to the Board on 7/13/02. Mike also spoke to David Dill. David has no problem with Mike’s recommendation to have the outstanding easements returned to the Board.
- Motion by M. White, supported by D. Congdon to have the outstanding easements returned to the Board and forwarded to Fryberger et al. A work plan would be set up with them as to who does what and due dates. Motion carried.
- RLK-Kuusisto met with Northeast Technical Services (NTS) on August 29, 2002.
- The NTS proposal will be finalized after receipt of the draft permit from the MPCA.
Eastern Service Area Plan
- RLK-Kuusisto has started gathering information on existing houses and tanks in the ESA to meet planning requirements and prepare a preliminary design.
Tax Levy – 2003
- The proposed levy must be submitted to St. Louis County by September 16, 2002.
- That amount can be decreased in December.
- Last year’s levy was $20,000. M. White presented a 2002 Forecast and a 2003 Budget Estimate. M. White recommended a levy of $15,000 for 2003.
- Motion by M. White, supported by J. Sanborn to notify St. Louis County that the levy for 2003 will be $15,000. Motion carried.
Public Meeting – Ordinance & Rates
- The Board has a draft ordinance, which needs work.
- Mary Frances Skala of Fryberger et al offered to meet with the Board to explain options.
- A meeting will be set with Mary Frances Skala to discuss the Ordinance and Rates.
- The meeting will be posted.
- Public input is needed and would be appreciated.
The next meeting will be a Special Board Meeting on September 18, 2002 at 7:30PM at the Crane Lake Chapel with a Study Session beginning at 7:00PM prior to the meeting.
PUBLIC COMMENT – None
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:00 PM.